WAG Random Aches and Pains

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Clover

Proud Parent
DD has been getting random aches and pains from time to time - wrist hurts for a day, foot every once in a while, knee every once in a while, etc. It usually only lasts a short time (less than a week) and it isn't frequent enough to worry me or coaches (maybe every month or 2 I get a complaint). There was one time that her elbow hurt for over a week, so I did take her to a Sports Med doc. He said one arm was a bit stronger than the other and she should do a few extra strength exercises for her weak arm - no biggie.

This all started about a year ago when she upped her practice hours to 20. Do others go through this? She is a kid and still growing, so is it just part of that combined with gymnastics? Any supplements anyone recommends?

Thanks!

I'm really interested in this thread because my dd is going through the same. Mostly she complains about her heels and ankles, sometimes the back of her knee. It's there one day and gone the next so we're not sure if it's something we should worry about. It happens maybe once every couple of weeks, maybe less.

She's almost 8, training 12 hours.

The aches and pains never go away, but the complaining does. Someday you'll start worrying about what she is not complaining about.

Whenever something crops up, which is every other week, we ice the heck out of it for several days. Dial down training for a few days is an option, to avoid really inflaming what is bothering you. And, when backs and hips flare up we go to the chiropractors. All seems to help, but the aches and pains keep coming. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back