Reisport Grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Reaction score
This thread is for the general discussion of the brands Reisport Grips. Please add to the discussion here.

I love these grips! In my experience they are the easiest to break in quickly, grip the bar great and the Velcro ones stay pretty secure!

My daughter has been using Reisport grips her entire gymnastics career. She initially started with the velcro ones, but has been using the double buckle for the past few years. There seems to be a supply issue with the grips. I see that they offer another version of these grips the Hyper Protec. These claim to not stretch as much. Has anyone used both versions? Wondering if the Hyper Protec feel different?

My daughter has been using Reisport grips her entire gymnastics career. She initially started with the velcro ones, but has been using the double buckle for the past few years. There seems to be a supply issue with the grips. I see that they offer another version of these grips the Hyper Protec. These claim to not stretch as much. Has anyone used both versions? Wondering if the Hyper Protec feel different?
My teammate has the Hyper Protec and says she won’t get them again. Even after using about 2 months there stay very stiff compared to other grips and limit the ease of motion for shifting. I would try to get reisport from Amazon and stock up on a few pairs when they’re available. I just got a new pair two weeks ago so they may still be available rn.

My teammate has the Hyper Protec and says she won’t get them again. Even after using about 2 months there stay very stiff compared to other grips and limit the ease of motion for shifting. I would try to get reisport from Amazon and stock up on a few pairs when they’re available. I just got a new pair two weeks ago so they may still be available rn.
Thank you for the feedback! I think we will stick with the orignal. I am not sure we want to mess with the breaking in process on a different version. I haven't bought grips through Amazon before. We have always gotten them from the supplier, or another gym supply website, but it does look like Amazon has them in stock.

I have hyper protec but I only got them because my coach said it was thicker and they would last longer but is it bad that I have them I've had them since maybe March or
April with them

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back