Parents Relocating to northern, ca

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
Relocating next June, currently do nj joga level 4, what is comparable in Ca

I don't know too much about JOGA. Here in Northern California there are really only 2 choices for competitive gymnastics - the regular JO track (4,5,6,7 etc) or XCEL. XCEL is really growing here, and from what I know about JOGA, your daguhter would probably be Gold or Platinum level Xcel - Gold is roughly skills between level 5 and 6, Platinum in roughly between 6 and 7. Xcel has 5 levels (bronze,silver,gold,platinum,diamond). This past year our state meet had about 200 girls, and we had Regional 1 championships for the first time. I am also located in Northern California, and if you would like to PM me a more specific location, I could point you in the directions of gyms with an active Xcel program. I would say that only about a third of the gyms here currently have Xcel teams, the rest focus purely on JO..

I've been in Norcal coaching since 2000 and as well I was at Xcel Regional Championships.

It will kind of depend on where you end up in Norcal. The Bay area and Sacramento have a lot of gymnastics whereas the cities that are smaller still generally have a gym or 2 ( such as Vallejo, Concord/WalnutCreek, Tracy, Stockton, Vacaville, Chico/Oroville, Redding, etc).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back