Rips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

TheLittleGymnast

I get at least one rip every practice, and rips really affect how I do on bars. I was wondering how do you prevent rips?! And how do you heal them?

my mom got me a pumice stone, and i keep it in my gym bag. on my way to practice i use it on my hands. it has worked so far! :p for healing them, put teabags on them. even though its not good to dry them out, it heals them and makes them not hurt as bad quicker :pi sometimes put vitamin e on my hand, and put my hand in a bag or cotton stock when i sleep , too.

There are many threads on preventing/healing rips so you could also try searching through them.

If you don't have a pumice stone you could also try using a razor instead. When your callouses start looking like they are about to rip, just shave them down a little. It has really helped me prevent rips. And I also use teabags for healing them. I use Carmex to make sure they don't dry out. Good luck!

For preventing mine I always tape up my hands before I do bars (usually with something slightly thicker than prewrap, like paper towels, under the tape)....it wastes a lot of tape but it does help.
For healing mine, before I go to bed I put a little Preparation H on my rips, cover my hand with a clean white sock, and then go to bed like that. It stings but it helps to heal them faster.

I wear tape grips under my grips every practice. I put vitamin e (from softgels you can get at a healthstore) and lotion on my hands every night, and I shave my callouses and sometimes even cut the skin off with nailclippers whenever my callouses get too thick. I used to rip almost everyday but once I started doing this I stopped ripping as often, and I haven't had a big rip in over a year (knock on wood :))

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back