Parents Scoring low in first 3 competitions..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Are you sure this isn't a bogus post? The OP has never returned and really, what gym has L3 go 20 hours?

Obviously I don't know if it's bogus or not, but just to defend the possibility of real: my ODDs last team had every girl on team training the same 24 hours a week, from their lowest (7 yo scoring out of L4) to their highest (17 yo second year L10). Also, this gym had "elite" goals for every girl and still accepted my 15 yo L6 onto team. Yes it caused a little cognitive dissonance and she wasn't really the gymnast they normally took, or wanted. Just saying that for every, "that never happens", there is someplace that proves the exception.

Seems OP daughter is 10. Gym was encouraging Xcel. Daughter did great at a mock meet a 2. Not sure how she got to 3, as there is only so much I am prepared to track. Just a quick look.

i had to test my sleuthing skills and she's 11 and scored low 35s all 3 meets. at one meet it put her in the top 25% of level 3s and at the other two meets right in the middle. so, when you look at it that way- not too bad OP! i think shes doing well for just beginning. i do wonder what their goals are with that many hours at that level and that age, though...

i had to test my sleuthing skills and she's 11 and scored low 35s all 3 meets. at one meet it put her in the top 25% of level 3s and at the other two meets right in the middle. so, when you look at it that way- not too bad OP! i think shes doing well for just beginning. i do wonder what their goals are with that many hours at that level and that age, though...
That's fantastic, esp. for a late starter. Her scores will continue to climb too, as she comes to understand those little details the coaches were referring to.

Don't know, the OP specifically says she was in the bottom half of two meets and almost last at the 3rd.

Gymbeam your a better sleuth than me. All I could do was quickly scan OPs previous posts. I was tired and went to bed.:confused:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back