Secret Santa Help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey Everyone!

I think there might be another thread about this, but I'm not sure.

Today, at gym, we chose names for Secret Santa presents. I got a girl who's about 8 or 9. I have no clue what to buy her! Our coaches said to spend about $5-$10, but that if we want to, we can spend more.

Do y'all have anything that y'all think an 8 or 9 year old would like that's about $5? Thanks SO SO much!

-Savannah

P.S. I know that Christmas isn't for about another month, but I wanna go ahead and buy her gift so that I know that I've got it.

Girls that age are fun! You can get a small makeup bag for $1 or $2 and put in nail polish or hair clips or lip gloss. They also like cute cheap jewerly. Look at the dollar secton in Target or in the makeup section of the grocery store.

There was another thread about gymnastics clothing, I skimmed the thread and saw someone posted about one for $4.99 I think. I think a 8 or 9 year old would like that.

I have an 8 about to be 9 year old. It's a fun age to buy for. Lip Gloss, body lotion, hair clips or ties, pretty stationary - my dd
loves notebooks, gel pens, funky pencils or erasers, stickers etc. Cute socks, bookmark, shower gel, pretty hairbrush, bubble bath, pencil case.

One word for you... Claire's! Shop the sales racks. I think right now they have some "10 items for $10" racks. Also, if you can find one for cheap somewhere, those knit hats with animal faces/ears on them are very popular right now. One of my 10-year-olds has an owl hat that she wears more or less constantly, indoors and out, including all around Disney World in 80 degree heat last week!

We usually get a gift card to Claire's at the mall. That is the store with all hair stuff, earings, nail polish etc. They love that! We might add a movie size box of candy with that so they have something other than a gift card. We will usually spend $10.

Beth's Secret santa at the gym is also about 9 yrs and she's getting her fuzzy socks--the girls love those. Her gym does weekly small gifts too--she's getting candy one week, a small monkey another, lip balm a third--all stuff we've collected at dollar sales over the past several months.

Socks and nail polish are always fun, there are a few brands of nail polish at Target/Wal-Mart for around $1/bottle. And socks are pretty easy to come by this time of year. Target usually has a pretty good selection, I still head there when I need an inexpensive gift for a friend because they usually have lots of cute stuff in different styles.
Craft stores like Michael's, Jo-Ann's, and Hobby Lobby also tend to have some good, inexpensive gifts for girls that age. Craft projects, stickers, notepads, cute pens and pencils.
One of my favorite small gifts to give is a cute glass jar kind of like this:
http://www.eventblossom.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/EB2043_large2.jpg
(you can get them at Hobby Lobby for around $1 if glass stuff is 50% off) and fill it with colored candies- seasonal M&Ms or pretty colored Skittles and decorate with ribbon, stickers, and scrapbook type embellishments. It only costs around $2 for the whole project and is cute and personal. Some stores even have tiny tablespoon size scoops for around $1 to include, but can be hard to find.

DD had to buy a grab bag type of gift for a dance party. She picked out this HUGE candy cane thing filled with candy. Real cute but it was about $10.

Socks and nail polish are always fun, there are a few brands of nail polish at Target/Wal-Mart for around $1/bottle. And socks are pretty easy to come by this time of year. Target usually has a pretty good selection, I still head there when I need an inexpensive gift for a friend because they usually have lots of cute stuff in different styles.
Craft stores like Michael's, Jo-Ann's, and Hobby Lobby also tend to have some good, inexpensive gifts for girls that age. Craft projects, stickers, notepads, cute pens and pencils.
One of my favorite small gifts to give is a cute glass jar kind of like this:
http://www.eventblossom.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/EB2043_large2.jpg
(you can get them at Hobby Lobby for around $1 if glass stuff is 50% off) and fill it with colored candies- seasonal M&Ms or pretty colored Skittles and decorate with ribbon, stickers, and scrapbook type embellishments. It only costs around $2 for the whole project and is cute and personal. Some stores even have tiny tablespoon size scoops for around $1 to include, but can be hard to find.

Thanks so much! I love this!! I think I might do this, and decorate it with her favorite colors. Thanks so much!

Thanks SO SO SO SO much guys!!

I got H some chocolate, and a couple pairs of fuzzy socks. She liked them a lot! Thanks SO SO much for the ideas!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back