WAG Sewing your own leotards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't know how some of you home based leo makers sell them so inexpensively! Goodness, if I managed to make something wearable I would be tempted to sell it for full out GK prices for the aggravation alone (and it definitely wouldn't be as nice as what you guys are making!).

Same here!

How long have you all been making them for? I've started the baby steps for my first one, and it seems like so much effort! I'm scared and excited to see how it will turn out.

I have for about two years. Six months just hear and ther and about a year and half selling them. I even made a few teams summer or camp Leo's too ;)

Love this thread!

I'm kinda obsessed with making leos. If you can sew, you can make leos. Spandex is so forgiving and fun to work with - definitely give it a try!!

I get most of my fabrics from Spandexhouse.com or spandexworld.com... always 4 way stretch for those that I sell. I've experimented with all sort of things for my daughters (including spandex with pvc coating for an awesome leather look - which wasn't forgiving enough to avoid wedgies). There is SO much crazy, beautiful fabric out there it is hard for me not to keep purchasing... take a look at those 2 sites and see what I mean. Somewhat overwhelming.

I have a serger - but its a crummy one and is bratty. I use my regular machine with a stretch stich like the 3-step zig zag and wooly nylon thread. For appliques, I came across a quilting fabric glue stick that is my best friend. Doesn't ruin fabrics, stretches wonderfully, and washes away on the first wash. I would recommend that as it doesn't take that much prep time and holds well enough to stitch everything in place.

IMG_2451.jpgIMG_2516.jpg

Can you supply a link to the quilting fabric glue stick please? This sounds like something I need to know more about! :)

The examples you posted were wonderful!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back