Parents Sharing a struggle

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Yes I'm very glad that she seems to not have a care in the world with regards to gymnastics. I often wonder if she just holds it all inside and I just don't know it. For those of you who do have girls that are perfectionists and stress out about gymnastices, did they do it at age 6?

To answer you question, no I don't think she was like that at age 6. It started around 8 yo, when the skills started to get harder, the expectations higher. Of course, it may be her nature - she is a perfectionist in all areas of her life, including in school.

Originally Posted by NGL780309
Yes I'm very glad that she seems to not have a care in the world with regards to gymnastics. I often wonder if she just holds it all inside and I just don't know it. For those of you who do have girls that are perfectionists and stress out about gymnastices, did they do it at age 6?

Yes she stressed out as a 6 year old, but it wasn't only gymnastics. DD is a perfectionist, it is just her nature. On the gym floor she can appear to have not a care in the world and then dissolve into a puddle of tears as we go out the door. Same thing at school.
Surprisingly the one time she doesn't stress out is at competition, I can't figure that one out.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back