WAG Shaving Bikini Line??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
Reaction score
So I was reading the thread in the parents section about hitting puberty.
Someone mentioned that gymnastics leos are cut so you don't have to shave your bikini line, maybe's it's just me, but WHAT?
I've had to shave mine...always, as well with swimsuits which tend to be fuller cut than leotards!

So, I have to ask, any suggestions?
I get awful skin irritation, and razor burn/bumps. It's really bad and can be pretty noticeable!
I've looked into laser hair removal a bit, but from what I've seen, it's VERY expensive! (Although I'm still considering it as it would take care of the problem not just for gymnastics, but also for swimming)

Anyone else have any advice, or even just something that might help the redness and razor burn/bumps?

I hope someone answers this!! I never thought about this.. EVER. My daughter is still an itty bitty thing, to be honest when I read this my stomach dropped. Not because of the topic but because I know that time goes by way to fast so please someone send a reply!!!!

What about products like nair? Or waxing???

Sent from my SCH-R720 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Use conditioner instead of shaving cream or body wash. Works so much better. Way less irritation.

We had a similar thread just a couple of months ago. Perhaps you can find some help there too.
Link Removed

Since that time, I have used the conditioner and shaving method (only shaving in the direction of growth) and am pleased to report great success. :-)

Yikes! I've never put a razor there, I find the thought quite horrifying! I use cream depilatory, although for a while years ago I had professional waxes. The cream can irritate the skin if left on too long but I haven't had a problem with it.

I'm way to chicken to wax and allergic to creams. I also get bad bumps and the only thing that works well for me is using a mens razor and shaving cream not soap. I still will get bumps but unless it is for competition day I just groom and don't go crazy as we can wear shorts at our gym.

I'm with you on this one GymSurvivor, there's no way I could get away without shaving! For a while that's all I did, and would continue to do if I was tanned or blonde, but my hair is dark so even when I shave you can still see it under the skin. Plus shaving and being in a bathing suit all day when I worked at the pool meant tons of irritation and red bumps :( I've started epilating along my bikini line and while it hurts to pull the hair out, it looks way better and (after the area has calmed down a bit) is overall less irritating than shaving every other day. I dislike wearing shorts and the idea of using depilatory cream down there makes me nervous, so this works well for me. I long for the days when I didn't have to worry about this stuff :rolleyes:

Last edited:
There was, and probably still is, a razor for men that was designed to keep the first blade from pulling the hair up and then shaved away by the second blade, which left the hair shaft so short that the skin would grow over the top of the "innie" stubble.

The razor has a screen/grate folded tightly around the blade, which holds the blade away from the skin's surface just enough to prevent "the nubs" you all seem to have problems with.

Another option is to wax just one time and maintain that "baby fresh" look with a gentle, daily scrub with 320 grit wet/dry sand paper when showering. Use a bit of conditioner as a base for the sandpaper to glide upon...... and be gentle as it really doesn't take much to reduce the emerging growth to a "discreet" level....... geez, I sound like an infomercial.

I Wanna Coach, sounds like youve tried this before....

I Wanna Coach, sounds like youve tried this before....

Who me? I errr, hehmm, well I just kinda made it all up. Yeah, that's it, that's the ticket. It came to me in an epiphany after I read dunno's post. Really, honest, that's exactly how it happened.

I'd offer a few more "explanations" but I'm kinda distracted with worry about not being able to find my belt sander. :eek: :D

OMG......................:) i'm speechless. i'm outta here.

dunno, lol, give it up, do not return to this thread, there is nothing that won't confound you here.

LOL! He keeps saying that, and then coming back for more!

I think we need a ladies only thread/forum, no GENTLE MEN allowed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back