should i..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

bswagger

So I'm a level 8. And my bars just flat out suckk. Like i dont have a cast handstand, a pirouette, or release move, no giants, my free hip is barely horizontal.. but yeah. I do a cut catch to take the place of my pirouette.. but I am wanting to go level 9 next year. I know its unlikely for bars . But my other events i can do pretty easily. like i compete almost a level 9 beam routine already. and i just need to move my yerchenko from the pit to the real vault. and get more twisting stuff on floor. but yeah, so i was wanting to move gyms because im at a public gym (a park district gym..) and i was wanting to move to a private gym. Like my gym has only had up to level 8. there hasnt been any level 9's.. so my coaches dont want to accept the fact that they dont know how to teach/ coach the level 9 skills needed. So i am wanting to move gyms. But i have a feeling they wouldnt let me compete 9 because of my bars, but i know that my bars would end up getting better faster, bc private gyms have better coaches. so shouldi move gyms (at the end of the season) and hope that they let me compete, or should i stay and just kinda suck first year level 9.

if it were me i would definitely give the other private gym a try. it couldnt hurt.. maybe go in for a workout or something? just try it out and see how the coaching is.

for the clear (free) hip - i had problems with these too.. but theyre my fav now :) you have to open before you think you should. i got this mindset stuck in my head and one day it shot me straight up to vertical haha i was so surprised! but isn't a cut considered a release move? are you talking about the thing thats like a kip but you bring your feet through your arms and let go and straddle around? its always been considered a release move at my gym.

but dont stress over it.. thats only gonna make it worse. just try to relax and know in your head that you can do it.
good luck :)

yeah im with tumble bug on this one. dont stress about your bars they will come. i tihnk you should move gyms personaly.before you make that commitment (sp?) i would go in for a tryout workout and see how you like it. wat are the differences between these to gyms? ex. more hours, farther away. i would suggest for your bars maybe getting some privates with a good bars coach maybe one from the private gym?? you might be able to find bar clincs around.i hope this helps you!!:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back