Parents Sick

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Reaction score
again.

D has been sick nonstop this season. He has had a respiratory thing since mid-January when he went to Windy City. Almost missed 2 meets, but managed to compete, barely. I do think that is finally better. They even tested for mono but he was negative and spleen looked good.

But about 1 time every 4-6 weeks (sometimes 2 times a month), he has random vomiting episodes. He throws up 1-2 times, eats fine, and seems fine when he is done. It is so frustrating. We have seen the doctor twice and they are trying some meds for stomach acid, but I do not think that is it.

I am thinking he is having "abdominal migraines" but he has to go through a bunch of testing to rule out everything else first.

He is more stressed that regionals are April 7th and he is, once again, ill. Nationals are a long shot anyway, but he still wants to go for it.

Just venting. It has been a frustrating year :(

I completely commiserate. YDD has Celiac, hashimotos, abdominal migraines.. all fun stuff and all lead to frequently not being physically well. When she did gymnastics she would throw up all the time. I hope your DS gets some answers and some relief, and that he has a great regionals.

I’m so sorry! Puma Jr battles abdominal migraines if you want to pm me. Either way, vent away!!!

Oh I am so sorry! And he had such an amazing year last year too. I so hope he rallies. Will light a candle for him over here.

Reactions: sce
I sympathize. We are looking into abdominal migraines here too. Cycles are more like 1-4 weeks now :( and doing the ruling things out first thing since Labor day. They say there are several possible triggers... including stress (either GOOD or Bad) in addition to different foods.

Good luck in your search for answers. I hope they come soon.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

THE BEST OF ALL TIME

Back