WAG Simple routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am trying to move up from Xcel platinum (kind of like level 5-7) to Xcel diamond (level 7 -9). I'm concerned because my routines right now have all the requirements, but don't necessarily have any big flashy skills.
Is this a bad thing? Will judges score lower?

What judges do is watch the routine... making note of your skills and any execution deductions. When you are done, they check to see if you met the requirements. If you met all of the SR and VP, they start you out of a 10.0 and take your deductions from there.

So, as long as you have your 5 A skills and 2 B skills and meet all the requirements, then they CAN't score you lower.

In Xcel Gold, we have a girl that competed a very basic bar routine (pullover, cast, BHC, cast squat on, jump to high bar, swing, swing, rainbow dismount) but did it well, and won 1st place on bars. She beat out girls competing kips... and long hang pullovers... and flyaways.

The judges (as far as I know) will only judge you on if you have met the requirements set forth by the USAG Xcel guidelines (which will determine your Start Value) and beyond that the just score you on your form and execution, using the form requirements for the particular skill for that particular level of Xcel you are competing.

They won't judge you on their opinion of flashiness, or lack thereof. Often it is better to meet the requirements and have simple, clean routines so there is less for them to deduct from. The more skills that are in there that are not necessary to receive your 10.0 SV, the more they can potentially deduct for form. Hope that makes sense. IMO..I'd only put in the things that are "deduction free"..meaning your form is good and you are consistant.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back