Snap Down Home Drills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi,
I am working on my roundoff and my snap down is really weak. Is there any drill or conditioning exercise that I can do at home to improve my snap down? In the gym we train snapping down a folded mat but I don't seem to be able to push myself off the mat using my chest. Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot in advance

I don't recommend snap downs at home because you can injure your ankles. However, you can do handstand should shrugs up against a wall, belly toward the wall. Make sure you're shrugging your shoulders and not your torso. This develops your shoulder strength for your block. Also, you can practice snapping from an arch to a hollow at home, either lying on your back or on your stomach. This will develop your core strength for the snap down.

leg lifts in headstand progressing to leglifts in handstand

your legs go from touching the floor to handstand, thus it's a leglift. basically, it's a press progression

Are you doing these drills because of a weak snap down at the end of your round-off, or are you just trying to isolate the snap down action to improve a reasonably well done round-off snap down? You might get more advice that's going to help if you answer that question.

My problem is mostly related to round off as you rightly guessed. The snap down at the end of the round-off is pretty weak. I know that is not the only problem with my round off since my lunge is a bit too short and my second leg does not kick hard enough to follow the first but I was trying to work on all the steps one by one

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back