Parents So, when you kid breaks her hand three days before state

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm so sorry and can relate, my kid sprained her ankle 1 week before L8 state meet and couldn't compete anything.

I love the bluetooth routine! lol As much as I love this kid, I don't think she has that in her. She was out for most of the season with her back and just getting back in time to compete three events at state.

Been there, done that, IT STINKS!
Dd broke a growth plate in her foot beginning of January. Was booted for 6 weeks, avoided surgery but is now in pt for a weak ankle due to the boot! Missed state, and regionals (our region can't bid in till lv 9 and she's lv 8). It has been one heck of a sucky season for my girl!

Just focus on healing, and uptrainig for next season.

Misery loves company? DD just broke her finger after jamming it against vault table. Will miss L10 regionals and chance to compete at her first JO nationals... she's devastated

DD twisted her ankle in February. We should have let it heal and allowed her to miss her last two meets plus states but we gave into the begging. Still hurts.

We have her out now for what will be almost two weeks come next Monday because her weak foot also led to sloppy gymnastics and now she also has a sprained wrist.

So silver lining, if there is one, is that giving her the proper time to heal may help prevent the piling up of injuries and let her body rest.

Maybe the short break will allow them to grow a little too... [emoji3] but guess that is a double edge sword.

Either way cannot be easy for you daughter. Hope she recoops quickly.

OP - so sorry she got hurt before states. Hope she recovers well and is able to enjoy training the next level.

DD twisted her ankle in February. We should have let it heal and allowed her to miss her last two meets plus states but we gave into the begging. Still hurts.

We have her out now for what will be almost two weeks come next Monday because her weak foot also led to sloppy gymnastics and now she also has a sprained wrist.

So silver lining, if there is one, is that giving her the proper time to heal may help prevent the piling up of injuries and let her body rest.

Maybe the short break will allow them to grow a little too... [emoji3] but guess that is a double edge sword.

Either way cannot be easy for you daughter. Hope she recoops quickly.

dbean, Sorry one injurry has led to another. My ds had a pretty serious ankle sprain a year ago. Physical therapy made a big difference in him coming back even stringer than before. Rest is not often enough to fully recover form a serious sprain.

OP - so sorry she got hurt before states. Hope she recovers well and is able to enjoy training the next level.

dbean, Sorry one injurry has led to another. My ds had a pretty serious ankle sprain a year ago. Physical therapy made a big difference in him coming back even stringer than before. Rest is not often enough to fully recover form a serious sprain.
We are having someone take a look tomorrow. Would have thought things were healed by now

I know exactly how you feel, maybe even worse. My daughter partially dislocated her elbow on the last practice before states. That was after getting a bad sprain after the first meet of the season. She was in a cast for 6 weeks, got it off. Started training again and was looking good going into states. The following year, more injuries and limited comptetition. Nonetheless, so sorry to hear of your daughter's injury. I can't even offer any consoling or words of wisdom, because it really just sucks,

I feel your pain. My daughter had her best season yet. Bet the defending state champion all year long and bet another girl who has had a huge turn around year at most of her meets. She got the nasty stomach flu the week of Spring Break leading up to the State Meet. She battled three straight days of 104.7 temperatures, three missed practices and then was weak and off at State. She still managed to score a 36.95 AA, got 8th overall but missed the All State Banquet by .05 (you have to score a 37 or get top three on at least one event) Her age division is deep. You have to get at least a 38 to win or a high 37 to medal. There was something in the water win all these 10 year olds were born. So basically she can never have an off meet and expect to medal in our State.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back