MAG Solid Black Socks for Competition

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Kathy

Proud Parent
Everyone,

A silly request, but does anyone know where to buy boys black socks?

We want socks without any writing, and just above the ankle - any ideas for a place to buy online?

Look in the women's athletic section. Make sure they are cotton, not rayon like dress socks....those will make him slip. (Just don't tell him they are women's socks...he will never know)

Look in the women's athletic section. Make sure they are cotton, not rayon like dress socks....those will make him slip. (Just don't tell him they are women's socks...he will never know)

Sorry to be a pest - Do you have a link? Or know the brand or where you have bought them?

I find socks but they are too short and show his ankle or have writing on them. Ugh!

Go to Walmart. They sell packages of boys' socks that are solid white and solid black. I would happily swap you all of your white socks for my black socks, as our boys wear white socks. :) They are cotton and won't make him sweat too much or slip.

I have always gotten white/black at walmart. They have packs of all lengths (D likes the mid length) with no writing on them.

Funny thing: Our coach, one time, said that he didn't care what color socks they wore. So our level 5 boys went and bought packs of those mismatched bright colored girl socks. They put their regular socks over them, and when stretching started, they whipped them off to reveal their bright socks. COach loved it and put on a pair with them. NONE of the judges even noticed :) (Now, it was a "fun" meet with a costume contest and everything but it was still funny that they didn't notice!)

Haha, there was one meet last year where I diligently packed everything in the meet bag and DS checked . . . and off we went, only to discover at 7:30 AM that the only socks he had in his possession were his orange and black novelty Halloween socks. Thank goodness one of his teammates had an extra pair!

Lol...been there, too. I remember the night before my ds first meet and one of the experienced moms mentioned socks. I was like, "Socks? They need special socks???" Now, we always carry an extra pair, and so does the coach!!

We have a pocket ion the outside of his bag labeled socks with multiple pairs. His first year he seemed to go through at least 2 pairs per meet. I could get rid if the label now but it reminds me of how cute and clueless he was the first few meets. Our issue last year was that he decided only black socks with the nike label would work because they were lucky. So it wasn't just find black socks - they had to be the right pair!

last year most of the parents were new and had no clue that the boys needed socks. I don't remember how; but I figured this out the night before, so sent an entire pack in with DS and the boys all used them.

For the black socks, I have had luck sometimes finding solid black; but also have gotten home to find that they have writing on the bottom. I have actually taken a black sharpie and colored the writing black.

I'm glad this thread got started, because I need to go pick up a package of socks. I dispensed all of my spares to the level 4s on picture day!

One of our team moms is SO awesome that she actually has extra pommel pants at every meet just in case.

I have found them. But also did the black sharpie thing on ones from target. I like it better when they wear black, I need to get new ones every meet if they wear white :)

I find I have to get new ones all the time anyway. My son has a tendency to lose one sock...all the time. So I send 4, comes home with 3. I send 6, comes home with 5. They all pill and look horrible after 1-2 meets. So I just have ton.

He has the same issue with regular socks. ABout once a month I make him bring out his gym cubby to clean out. So far we have found 5 socks, 17 socks, and the record of 21 socks. (not pairs, notice the odd number EACH time). He is a hoarder and that cubby gets nasty.

What color pommels does everyone wear? We wear gray, and in the past have been able to do white or black socks. this year, I think the coach specified black.

Last year our boys did white pants, so white socks. I hated the white pants mostly; but did like that they didn't end up with chalk handprints. ;-) This year we are black pants and I assume black socks. (his first year he was black pants and black socks.)

There is no black in this years uniform so I will assume we need to wear white socks. We've done grey pants, black pants and blue.

My ds hc insists that socks match the pants. He wanted red pants, but felt there would be a nightmare time trying to find red socks with no writing to match the shade. Why don't the companies like gk and alpha factor make socks to match their pants colors?? Of course, they'd probably be $20 a pair, lol.

I have had luck at Burlington Coat factory and Kohls for all black socks (or all black except higher up above the ankle). I always buy a bunch of a pairs for competitions too - between losing them and the pilling they go fast! Now if I could just find a way to keep his grip bag clean - that is so EWWWW!

Our team wears black pommel pants and black socks. Our coach kept hinting he loves the white pants but the gym owner overruled it- although I have noticed our new step ins would work with either color! Now to convince my DS he can't wear his extra tight YS pommel pants again this year... he loves them but I keep picturing them flinging off of him like a rubber band when his legs straighten out. I have the next size up ready and waiting!

Our coaches are totally dug in on the white pommel pants. They have caused all the grief one would expect.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back