WAG Sore hands

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

milly

Coach
Gymnast
Hello all,
Does anybody know of any ways to stop my hands from getting very sore and very red everytime i do bars? I have been doing gymnastics for a year now and it happens everytime i do bars! Its very annoying and frustrating. Any ways to try and fix this would be appricated.
Thanks in advance,
Milly

Preparation H for rips. Eucerin for chipped or dry hands.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using ChalkBucket mobile app

all 3 of my kids have dealt with rips. we do prep H for them, and tea bags on them the day they happen. They haven't really complained about it hurting when they don't have blisters or rips though...

Do you where grips? If you do and they still hurt than maybe tell your coach and they can help you. I'm not allowed to where grips in my gym and my hands get red and sore all the time. What I do is I find that when your not on bars blow on them, It made bars so much easier for me. Right before I go on bars I shake them out and blow on them. Then when I get off, Same thing. You could ALSO TRY: Maybe you could use like a hand cream or something like that. Some drugstores sell hand cream made for that. I use it all the time and my hands never get red, sore, or ripped. Hoped I helped

I wish the secret for eliminating hurting hands altogether was found! :( I always ice my hands after and sometimes before practice and it helps for the hotness and redness. Or run into the bathroom and turn the tap onto the coldest setting during training and BLAST AWAY!! (assuming your gym's tap can be temperature adjusted) It just feels good. :) Also, please buy a pumice stone (for like, about $6-7 at walmart, any drugstore) and rub down some callouses when they start to build up. This works best after a shower, but don't file them down too much. Just enough so your hands don't feel so bumpy. It helps a lot!
Oh and buy some aloe vera gel at a drugstore and apply since it helps repair the skin and helps prevent rips and even more sore hands. Applying non-scented moisturizer (Vaseline is my fave!) each night is good too since it prevents your palms from drying out.

Good luck!!:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back