sore knees

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, i have found recently that my knees are hurting during training and about up to an hour after, sometimes during the day when not at gym also. It is like a sharp pain when i put weight on it but fades after the impact of the step is done if that makes sense?

for a while ive noticed my knees don't match up to my feet (like my friends do) , when my knees are facing foward my feet face out (like 1st position but) and when my feet come together lined up next to each other my knees go inwardsand it hurts quite alot at the hips.. is this normall??

does the knees not being inline with feet have anything to do with my knee pain?

thanks for your time
:)

Do you have flat feet? They can be a cause of a lot of problems like this. I would definitely go to your doctor because any alignment issues can cause a lot of more severe injuries. When everything isnt lined up right forces are distributed in the wrong places and when your in a very high impact sport like gymnastics it can be a big problem. Definitely get it checked out and stop what you're doing if they get sore. Make sure you tell your coach so that they know there's a problem.

when you say flat feet, what do you mean?
ive told my caoch before but she just taped it and it helped for a bit but once the tapes off it starts again
i also find it very hard on beam because my knee wants to go foward but then half my foot goes of the beam... very hard in my turns!

Flat feet is when you have little or no arch in your foot, so your foot looks flat on the floor meaning your ankle sort of rolls inwards towards the floor. It may sound small but because it's your base when you stand it puts strain on a lot of ligaments etc. Whatever it is, DEFINITELY get it checked out!

Hopefully you have been to the dr, b/c it could be simple, or it could be a torn meniscus, take care of it!!

i went to the physio and he is going to try and realign my bones gradually or something using different techniques... it sounded too gross for my liking so i chimed out

My son has been having knee problems for about 7 months. It became quite painful. He couldn't run, couldn't do tumbling and couldn't vault.

We had quite a bit of physio because his outside leg muscles were much tighter and stronger than his insider leg muscles. His knee caps were sitting off centre to the right of each knee and he had some lower back pain. He had flat feet. The Physio suggested seeing a podiatrist.

This was the best thing we could have done. He was given orthotics which fixed his flat feet. Although he can't wear these at training he wears them all day. After 2 months wearing the orthotics he is almost back to full training.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back