Parents Special Request

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

gothgymmom

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I know some of you know about my situation with my DD, and we have a meet coming up this weekend, and then only one more after that for the season. My request is for some thoughts and prayers from you all for her to hit a 34 AA and possibly atleast one 9 as she has not gotten one yet and is very upset by that fact. She only needs one 34AA to be able to test next level, and I know she would feel like a failure if she is the only one on her team to be left behind again. The closest she has gotten is a 33.65. Thank you all.

Crossing my fingers and lots of luck to her!!

maybe she can try practicing some at home. Her floor and beam, maybe some extra conditioning might help also. A wing and a prayer works wonders, but more so when coupled with hard work. Best to you and your DD!!!!

maybe she can try practicing some at home. Her floor and beam, maybe some extra conditioning might help also. A wing and a prayer works wonders, but more so when coupled with hard work. Best to you and your DD!!!!

She does practice at home, but then I feel like the mom-coach and I dont want to do that any more when I have to correct her on something.

and thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. it means alot

Good luck to your kiddo! Maybe you can work with her on visualizing reaching her goal? Hopefully that won't feel too Mom Coachy.

Awww, I've been there. I really hope she hits and hits big! But trust that even if she doesn't, she will work through it and get something valuable out of the experience. DD was the only one on her entire team not to make it to states last year, but she lived to tell the tale -- and is planning on having a great state meet this year! (But still, I'll take happy success over important life lessons about perseverance any day of the week and twice on meet days!)

I hope it went well! However, if it didn't - I have told my DD that "it is sometimes in losing that we win". A tough topic for a young kid, but I think most gymmies have "old souls". Fingers crossed that she hit her goal!

I am sending belated warm and fuzzy thoughts your way. My level 1 was like that, hovering around 32-33, then this last time was 34.1. so proud. I guess they get more polished towards the end of the year. Hope everything worked out ok.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back