Parents Spinoff-how many left?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

14 kids were in pre-team class as at that time 7-10 year olds. 3 of them quit and 1 went to a lower level gym. The other 10 are still going strong 2,5 year later.

Out of the 14 who started pre-team together, only 6 began competing (old level 4). The others quit for other sports, or moved back to rec. The original six are still together five years later, training level 8.

Of the 13 girls on DDs original team in 2010- ranging from Level 3 to level 5 that year (a very small gym) all within 3-4 years of age, 5 are still gymnasts and only one remains of the original team. Two left for another gym and are competing Level 7/9. Another is at a different gym competing xcel. The one still at the original gym competed level 8 and my dd just completed her 1st year of level 7.

This thread is making me feel better about my gym, I thought we had too much turnover!

Of my DDs level 2 team from 2013, 13 girls, 3 are left and are training optionals (level 6 or 7). 4 have gone to xcel at other gyms, 2 are still in JO at another gym, 1 repeated level 3 so should be level 4 next season and the rest quit.

This thread is making me feel better about my gym, I thought we had too much turnover!

Of my DDs level 2 team from 2013, 13 girls, 3 are left and are training optionals (level 6 or 7). 4 have gone to xcel at other gyms, 2 are still in JO at another gym, 1 repeated level 3 so should be level 4 next season and the rest quit.
This sport is not for everyone and the higher the level, the more girls drop out/stay back/move to other programs. My dd's original team members took the biggest hit the year that several girls were moving into Jr High. It's just what happens. Girls move on to what best suits them

We started with 15 L2/L3 girls. 2 quit gymnastics (one not doing any serious sport, one to concentrate on diving) before L4. One moved to Europe but is on a team there.

12 currently at L4. I think most will make it to L6 next season. If I were to guess we might lose 2 or 3, either due to repeating L4 or not wanting to repeat L4, but its too soon to say as they could improve a lot of the summer. One of those girls might end up choosing dance, I just think that is where her interst lies. What helps is we have a pretty strong program but lower hours. So it allows the girls to do other things and still stay in gym. And we are thankful for that because otherwise my kid wouldn't be in gym.

Of the 18 guys ds competed his first season of level 4 with, 2 others are level 10s on his team and one competes level 10 with another club. They were all second year level 4s though. If you count just the guys who were new to team his first year, he's the only one left.

Interesting thread! I would define DD's original group as the girls that moved up together from pre-team to form a new L3 team. Of these 9 girls, only 2 remain, including DD. 1 quit after L3, 3 switched gyms after L3 (of which 2 quit before the next season), 3 moved to Xcel (1 after L3 and 2 after L4).

Reactions: sce
My daughter started competing 4 years ago with 10 girls. A couple of girls moved out of state and a couple moved to another gym. My daughter and another gymnast are the only two left from her original group. My daughter is now in a higher level than that teammate though.

My dd started competing L3 4 years ago with 5 other girls. Besides dd, 2 of them are still on her team competing L7. Another 1 is still in Artistic gymnastics, but switched gyms after L4. She is also a L7 this year. One of the girls quit after L5 to switch to Acro. Only 1 is completely out of gymnastics now. She switched to dance and music.

My DS is the only one. But our boys team was really small his first year. There were 4 of them total (all levels). 7 years later he is the only one still training (when he's not hurt) but one of the other guys coaches in our gym so he is still around as well. There have been many start and stop in that time, and our boys team is now up to 14 (still spread over all levels!)

Out of 13 girls who started at the old level 4 in 2011, there are only 4 left, all of whom are going to be level 9 this upcoming season. None of them are at the original gym - 2 moved to Texas, and two moved to another gym a little further away.

Out of two groups of 8 (compulsory), 3 are in Level 10 at this time. Another Home School group started with 4 (compulsory) and all 4 are level 10's at this time. So 100 percent in one group, and less than 20 percent in the other group, same coaches. But, they haven't graduated yet so, sadly I will update in a few years to get the actual percentage. Just too many variables in life to predict or make sense of why or who, but one thing is certain,,,, this is one tough sport.

DD was one of a group of 9 girls selected for fast track when they were in old level 1/2 ( In Australia at the time competition started at level 1) - Six years later there are four remaining all first or second year level 7's this season, the other five have moved onto to other sports.

I'm always impressed with gyms that keep girls in the sport. DDs old gym had 14 at L4, one dropped after 4, another transferred in. Two dropped after 5/6 or 5/7 season. The rest are still in, uptraining for 7 or 8.

My dds group had 8 in lvl 2. Out of that group 1 quit and 1 left to another gym. The rest remain. They are training for lvl 4 now. We have had 2 girls join and maybe possibly more because tryouts were last weekend.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back