Squad colours

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our team have leotards made up with the club logo as the design in purple and white foil. They stand out because obviously no-one else would ever have one like that. Rather than having the logo on a leotard, the whole front and round the back is literally made of the logo.

Our old club had a black velvet with teal ribbons and diamonte down one arm and the front. It was beautiful, but I noticed that a couple of years ago the teal / turquoise was a colour used by a lot of gyms. I just need to persuade DD to wear it for practice because it seems a shame that such a beautiful leotard is not used - but then she naturally doesn't want to wear a rival club's team leo for practice!

One comp we went to had the girls in the same design of leotard but different colours. They were mainly black with silver/white and then a big pop of an acid colour. So acid green, bright pink, bright blue/turquoise and maybe an orange. They really stood out and they still clearly looked part of the same team.

In our County nearly everyone goes with dark block colour Leos with brighter decoration. But we have these.

For the West Country league C team...
http://www.quatrogymnastics.com/sho...mens-gymnastics-leotards/twilight-duplicate/#

For the West Country league A team...
http://www.quatrogymnastics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/R8A9643.jpg

For the West Country league B team...
http://www.quatrogymnastics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/dazzle.jpg

And finally for our lower level girls...
http://www.quatrogymnastics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/MG_6676-553x800.jpg

Back from comp, Park Wrekin and Dynamo have the same leo in different colours. That was weird when they were on the podium together.

Mesh is really big, lots of clubs have it.

My unofficial poll sees blue in differing variations as top colour. Teal and green colours close behind.

Lots of pretty ones, and Ireland black and emerald green were very nice and stood out.

Oooh thanks Meeshy. I am thinking blue has over taken the black and a colour ones at the moment. I have seen photos of the podiums. Ireland's was nice and different. That is Park Wrekin's old one. I *think* they have a new one which is purple and black with some mesh. I really like the new one.

Did your dd have a great time.

Oh I saw the Park Wrekin one on their FB page, very pretty. Let me see if I can find the page again.

Funny when clubs end up with the same leos when there is so much choices out there.

Back from comp, Park Wrekin and Dynamo have the same leo in different colours. That was weird when they were on the podium together.

Mesh is really big, lots of clubs have it.

My unofficial poll sees blue in differing variations as top colour. Teal and green colours close behind.

Lots of pretty ones, and Ireland black and emerald green were very nice and stood out.

Hope your DD had a fun comp.

Yes that is the purple black and mesh one I was thinking of. I really like it. Very pretty.

I like the purple and black with the silver. It's distinct and beautiful.

so we have changed again - but still using black and columbia blue with silver sequinz ... I will get to see the real deal tomorrow at the parent meeting. I gotta know what my $500 bought this year! (2 leos, 2 sets of warm ups, 2 bags, and our district competitor fee x2) :)
Actually, they are NOT columbia blue and black. Coach took them seriously when they said that you shouldnt mix light and dark colors... so, we have these instead :) :( Not sure how I feel yet.
The top color is darker in person though.

Attachments

• celestial.jpg
    celestial.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 39
Yes it is supposed to be a really fun meet but I have never been. It is nice that there are national teams, county teams and club teams so the standard varies. There were a huge number of gymnasts this year. I don't think it is usually that big. Glad she enjoyed it.

Thanks DD had a ball, certainly not in the same league as a lot of the teams but had a fantastic comp. Loved competing with the big names.

The standard was so high saw some fantastic gymnastics. If you have never been its a really great comp to watch.

We felt like that at Sapphire - hence me wanting to re-organise the system and cap the skills on Level 5 lol. It was lovely to see some of the FIG girls.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back