WAG States and regionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

well, in all honestly, i do think that competition is tougher at state and then even a little more so at regionals.

some gyms (like ours) require an even higher score than the qualifying score to be able to go to state so that means only the strongest on the team compete. then, at regionals, since more travel is usually required, our gym has even higher standards for taking girls so, once again, only the best competitors go.

Do like you do at any meet. You do your best. It's just a meet.

This is what we tell our girl.

This is what our coaches ask parents to tell all the kids. It's a just another meet. Don't make it more. Just do your best, like you do at all meets.

I think the strongest TEAMS should go to regionals. Every meet i go to theres 6 or 7 teams. The team with the lowest score should not go to states, and the team with the 2nd lowest should not go to regionals. :) :) :)

I think the strongest TEAMS should go to regionals. Every meet i go to theres 6 or 7 teams. The team with the lowest score should not go to states, and the team with the 2nd lowest should not go to regionals. :) :) :)

So if there is an outstanding gymnast on a weak team, they stay home?

And regionals, it's about best performers at states. You then have a state team, not a gym team.

If you earned your qualifying score you should go.

Women's Artistic Gymnastics is not a team sport - its an individual sport for which they calculate a team score if there are enough scores to make up a team. The best individual gymnasts from each state in the respective level should go to Regionals; likewise the best in the Region go to Nationals for those levels that have national competition (9 & 10).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back