staying overnight

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I guess I'm one of those moms that buy things at meets and see absolutly nothing wrong with that. Usually dd will get a leo, or some other cool gym item at these meets, but it isn't a reward or a bribe. It's because the items are there in person and she may have been looking at them in the catalouges for awhile. It is easier to get them at a meet. And has nothing to do with feeling better, getting good scores etc. It has more to do with I don't have to pay shipping and handling and they are usually sold at a reduced price so I save money on these things.

As far as the hotel goes well she and I loves doing them and I don't have an issue with DD associating going to a meet means going to a hotel or getting a present at the meet. We don't do the "big vacations" like Disney or others that have hotels involved so it is a treat for our family

Whenever I have an early start time, my coach usually allows us to stay overnight. Last week, I had a start time of 9:00. The competition being 4 hours away, I stayed in a hotel overnight so I would wake up at 7:15 as appose to 3:15!! I'm not a morning person, so whenever a start time is early and far away like the example I gave, I stay overnight.

If a meet is a long distance away the coaches usually schedule the last practice before the meet an hour short so gymnasts can rest and/or leave for the meet. If the meet is in another state normally our coaches and gymnasts leave the same day (sometime on the same flight if flying). At our gym everyone is really close so we always know when people are doing certain things for meets.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back