MAG Still no cartwheel

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Sent from my iPhone using ChalkBucket

yep! same kid!! he needs to go the other way. left hand down first, right hand down second. and starting with the left foot forward.

you can see him looking at his right hand and turning to the right when he comes out. HE'S RIGHT HANDED! a left cartwheel is a right handed cartwheel. a left cartwheel is also a 'right twisting' skill.

please, change his direction and don't waste any more time. thanks, Dunno. :)

It is better than the precious video. I do agree with dunno on the going with the wrong arm, as a possible issue. He seems to fling his legs and lands his legs at the same time with the wrong one in front. Cartwheels are a 1, 2 ,3, 4 thing. One hand down, the next hand down, one foot down, the next food down. How flexible is he? Has he tried standing sideways in and X and going from there, and landing in an x?

Is there room in the area where you took the x picture for him to cartwheel there? With the aim to hit that x position against the mat as he cartwheels. Again starting by standing in and x and landing in and x too.

I tried to do the x thing against the wall with him .. He tries but he doesn't really " get it " .

I'm gonna try with him again ., I saw this video where the person cartwheeled against the wall to show how the legs should be in a x.

Encourage him to come out of his handstand one foot at a time, so he lands in the position the started in (arms by his ears too.) Rather than landing on two feet.

I said originally that he needs to start with the other hand and I still believe this. I also think he needs "X's" to put his hands down. Maybe using some chalk on the floor at an open gym?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back