WAG Still no Norah

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I noticed the lists went up last night too.

Anyone going to St. Louis? We will be there. DD can't wait -- it's our first time at a big, premier event! Any tips?

Norah isn't on the National Team anymore either… could she have decided to JUST go the College route since her verballing to UCLA in October?

Reactions: sce
We are going! We went to Indy last year as well. As far as tips, last year they had several fun activities for the girls both outside and in the venue so I would get there early if possible. Oh, and don't promise your gymmie a Leo.....THAT cost me $70

So so bummed that there is no Norah. She's had various injuries as of late.... She was at the most recent national camp....something else must have happened since then. There's a bit of banter on Twitter trying to find out Norah's status - and if out loud wondering if she gets healthy could she petition into National Trials....

I am 99.99999% sure it's injury and not the verbal commitment to UCLA that is keeping her from P&Gs.

I still find it weird that it's so difficult to get information about the status of these athletes that are on the national team and missing competitions. Everything is so secretive.

They could adopt NHL playoff injury reporting style, where "lower body injury" means a dislocated shoulder. I have such fond memories of the year of the Yzerman flu, where every injured Red Wing had "flu-like symptoms."

Seriously though, you can't compare this to other sports in that, she is a minor child, not a professionally paid athlete. Unless she wants to disclose, you as a fan have no right to know, national team or not.

Not meaning to be snarky, just calling it like I see it.

They could adopt NHL playoff injury reporting style, where "lower body injury" means a dislocated shoulder. I have such fond memories of the year of the Yzerman flu, where every injured Red Wing had "flu-like symptoms."

Seriously though, you can't compare this to other sports in that, she is a minor child, not a professionally paid athlete. Unless she wants to disclose, you as a fan have no right to know, national team or not.

Not meaning to be snarky, just calling it like I see it.

No, I agree that it's unique in that regard, but it's also not like these minor athletes haven't already been in the news repeatedly.

I do think that you give up some anonymity/right to privacy when you accept a position on the national team.

I still find it weird that it's so difficult to get information about the status of these athletes that are on the national team and missing competitions. Everything is so secretive.
But Norah is not on the National Team… so that eliminates the need for USAG to make an announcement.

Agreed, I didn't realize prior to this morning that she had relinquished her spot on the national team this year.

I don't think anyone ever relinquishes their spot on the National Team. It's my understanding that it's just tough to keep it and with her injuries, etc, I'm sure she wasn't offered a spot back on it.

Because Norah did not compete at 2015 Nationals, she was not eligible to be named to the 2015-2016 National Team. Sometimes they add additional members at camp based on performance or if they get an international assignment, but she's been injured.

All this banter and info from everyone is helpful for me as I know very little about the operations at the national level of this sport. I've been holding out hope for Norah this year, but now.....

The one thing I noticed is that the national team roster is from March - Norah was at the May national camp and I had been waiting for an updated roster that I was hopeful would have her on it (it seems that in the past that roster is updated after each camp - not 100% sure on this, but saying this based on observation).

It makes sense as someone else pointed out that since she wasn't at P&Gs last year, that makes her being named to the team so much more unlikely. All this combined together makes her injuries/surgery earlier this year REALLY bad timing. I am so bummed - Norah is such a talent. :(

Interestingly, I was just looking at the national team roster, and Norah is no longer listed on the Junior or Senior team this year, so I guess she's entitled to her secrets after all ;)

https://usagym.org/pages/athletes/womenList.html

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back