Parents summer practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

balancedmom

Proud Parent
Hi all-- wondering what your gyms do during summer-- what kind of practice schedule do you have vs. during school year. My DD is L6, maybe going to L7, so wondering about hours and schedules for optionals at this level. thanks

we increase hours somewhat over the summer for all team kids, and practices for the optional level girls (who are here the longest) move to early mornings. It's much cooler in the gym then.

Our regular quantity of hours are the same just moved to the am. 4 weeks of all day optional gym camp that is strongly encouraged.

Our gym is one that does not do weeks off, so we get our chops busted if we take vacation. Something about my daughter being months behind if she misses three practices :eek:

And it's on my to do list to email the coach when she would prefer we schedule our vacation, early, middle or end of summer because no vacation is not an option. Along with if we can only do one or a couple weeks of camp, would she prefer early or late.

I'm kind of dreading this summer. This is the first one that one of my kids is on a 5 day per week/20 hour practice schedule. I'm not seeing our normal lazy summer days in our future.

After State, the girls all move to new training groups. Some increase in hours some remain the same. For our gym, level 3 trains 12 hours, 4/5 train 16 hours. The jump to optionals is I think 20 hours but dd is nowhere near there, so I'm not sure. At the end of the summer, the girls are moved to training groups based on what level they are ready to compete.

So...I guess hours increase because the girls are moving up...but it's not just a temporary summer thing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back