Off Topic The President is coming!

• Thread starter Thread starter nettyinpa
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
N

nettyinpa

We have some excitement going on around here today. President Obama is expected to land at our airport in an hour. The reason it's kind of cool is because where I work, I can see the airport from my office window. Years ago President Bush came in to our airport and I actually saw him land and all the secret service cars and limos and such. Pretty cool. AFter he lands he's going to do a talk at one of our local community colleges, which happens to be about 3 miles away from my house. Needless to say, our small community is all abuzz!! :dizzy:

Netty, that is pretty exciting. You must live near my cousin she is in Hellertown.

Now that is so cool, when he came to Ottawa in Canada he did a quick tour in some of the local stores, they are still buzzing about him over 8 months later. One store sells "Obama" cookies just like the ones he bought. He certainly has invigorated the country in many ways.

Whether a supporter or not, it's always exciting to hear about someone with that kind of "status" coming into town. Where we live is a very small community but we have several military contractors situated here.

Several years ago, George W came to our St. Patty parade. He was literally within inches of reach from me. There was also another time, Hillary was touring the site where I worked. She was walking up a hallway to where I was standing. Over the last couple of years, she made at least one other visit (to current place that I work) but I did see her in person except that evening on TV.

Come to NYC during the UN General Assembly meeting every fall....more important people than you can count! I think it would be cool to have the President visit my town though, even if it was an un-popular President.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back