WAG Tingling in toes when doing splits?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2G1B

Proud Parent
My 9 yo DD "has" both of her front back splits; but only after she does some stretching (as opposed to kids like her little sister who can just go down in the splits on command).

She says that if she tries to do a split (only her "good leg", the one that she can do splits more easily with) without a little bit of stretching first that her toes - the balls of her foot "get all tingly".

Has anyone ever heard of this? Is it something to be worried about? FWIW, that is the foot that she has worse plantar fasciitis in.

This happens to me too, particularly in pike stretch but also in my splits. Like you daughter it only happens if my muscles aren't warmed up enough (or are just really tight or sore). I've never been concerned about it, but maybe someone else out there has an idea what it's from?

It sounds pretty normal. It happens to a lot of us when we stretch too close to our limit. She could do more calf stretching and hamstring stretching, and probably reduce or eliminate a lot of the tingle you're talking about.

glad to hear that it happens to others and doesn't seem to be a sign of something ominous. :p she was stetching tonight and mentioned it and I started to think that maybe it could be a problem.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back