Parents To do L5 or not to do L5

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think our gym does L4 - L6. We're not there yet but it's interesting to hear about the angles for beam/floor. I've always read about the bar differences but not the potential challenges for beam.

our state is 50/50. i'm very glad our gym skips 5 and goes to 6. i feel my gymmie is better prepared for level 7. she already has her floor music/routine and has competed it a year already so is very comfortable with it. she will be upgrading her tumbling and changing her leap pass. she already has her new tumbling down but hasn't picked her new leap pass out yet.

i feel bars is the same way. all she needed to do was add a giant, giant to her CH flyaway and she's got that down. she would like to add a freehip to HS as well but isn't quite there. her freehip is gorgeous though.

beam is just adding a series to her BHS and switching a CW/BT dismount to a RO/BT. the beam series is giving her issues. but other than that, i feel she is more than prepared for level 7 and our first meet isn't until december. i am going to take her out of the gym some days this summer b/c i feel like we can. usually she is only out for our family vacation.

watching the level 5 girls around here, i feel it's a huge jump in skills to go from 5 to 7. and i like that my dd can take a breather and perhaps start working on level 8 skills.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back