WAG To go on vacation or not...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MVJ

Gymnast
So my mum has been talking about going to another country to visit some relatives and as a vacation. It sounds great but the catch is that the trip will last for a month to a month-and-a-half.

Might be not that much of a deal but right now I am sitting out for a whole month due to a torn ligament in my pinky. Added with the vacation, that is roughly about 2 entire months of practice missed, which will be a large setback because I'm also still in (although kind of near the end of?) come back mode from quitting.

Whether this trip happens or not is partly my decision, but my mother really wants us to go. I just wanted to hear some opinions about this. Thanks!

Its exciting to visit family who you don't get to see often. If we were going away for that long I would look into seeing what the gym options were in my relatives town for my dd. If that is not possible perhaps your coach could set you up with a modified training/conditioning program. I don't know what skill level you are at but hopefully you could recoup your skills when you get back. Wont be easy but with hard work should will be fine Imho :)

I really don't have any great advice. If you do go, see if your coach will give you a program like gmo1 suggested and see if you can get some open gym time periodically if you coach will allow it. Where there's a will, there's a way. Good luck!

I have never heard any one say "I wish my parents hadn't made me travel so much when I was a kid.". But I have heard, "I wish I had spent less time in the gym was I was a kid, I missed out on some cool things.". GO on the trip, be with family. Immerse yourself in the culture and make some awesome memories.

I have never heard any one say "I wish my parents hadn't made me travel so much when I was a kid.". But I have heard, "I wish I had spent less time in the gym was I was a kid, I missed out on some cool things.". GO on the trip, be with family. Immerse yourself in the culture and make some awesome memories.

^^^^^^ ditto

Go. Gymnastics will still be here. Overseas family can't just pop around for dinner every Wednesday. Unless you do it over Skype, but that just isn't the same.

Conditioning can be done anywhere, & if you stay strong the skills won't be too hard to regain.

ditto..........:)

I would go but ask your coach for some conditioning to do while you are there so you can keep up your strength.

You should go, but if you don't you could always suggest that I could go along to keep the rest of the family entertained..... and in shape. :D

Hahahahaha, iwannacoach, I think they would like to be able to still walk and enjoy the vacation instead of moaning and soaking in epson salts! :D

Thanks for the advice...the trip is a go! China, here we come. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back