Off Topic Toddlers and Tiaras

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
Reaction score
Ok I am sorry i cannot believe this show! It is so wrong in so many ways!!!! Some of the parents are worse than the crazy gym parents in fact i haven't seen a totally sane one yet and they are all the same!!!!! One lady gave up her house so her daughter could be in pageants. Her little girl is two and is "at an age where she needs to be the boss" and half of them look like plastic dolls. I think i have seen some two year olds with fake tans. another mum was going to spend thousands of dollars on a dress for her three year old.

I have a question, Are pageants a big thing in america?

I am sure that their are some perfectly normal pageant mums but the ones on this show are a totally different breed of mum

I think pageants mainly exist on TV nowadays. They used to be big, but I only know one girl who's been in a statewide pageant. I think she's the daughter of my parents' friends.

I've seen this show alot and have actually seen some 'sane' parents there was once a little girl called kendall on there who was sooooooooooo excited to be getting a new 'talent' outfit and you could really tell she was enjoying it, her mum didnt push her at all or anything, she didnt even wear makeup, another little girl called mercedes won one of the pageants wearing no makeup whatsoever so there are definately mums that are sane.

Like i said i am sure their are perfectly sane mums, just this particular episode featured the insane ones :P And it was beauty one that make up etc was required

I happened to catch one episode (when nothing else was on) where the mom took her daughter to a chiropractor for a neck adjustment so she could be as straight as possible and have that extra "edge" over the other girls. The mother of that blond one you see on the commercials quite a bit seems to have stars in her eyes for profiting off of her daughter. She just can't wait to get the call from Hollywood for her daughter so they can all move down there.

There was one little girl on the show who used to do gymnastics, but her mom took her out because she was getting to much of a muscular body and wanted her to have a more normal little girls body. The kid didn't seem happy at all, and was still cartwheeling around the house and practicing on a chin up bar.
And most of the kids are so cute before they get all made up to look like dolls.

Yes haha the one that I saw makeup was required too, make up is always required at every pageant that is on toddlers and tiaras but some mums just dont want to comply.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back