WAG TOPs vs. Developmental Invite

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Not sure I am following. You mean the list which is entitled "Final Developmental Invite Camp" is only a partial list? Those that have attended the DIC who are now over the age of 10 can still be invited to the DIC? Is the DIC directly related to the current TOPs testers? Or is it not?

The DIC list that is on the USAG website, along with the TOPs A and B camp list, is only girls from national TOPs testing.

I know there are about 40 girls who have been going to DIC who are not on the list. They must be putting them somewhere, maybe some up to Dev camp, maybe cutting some loose, but some must be still going to DIC. There is no list of those girls on the website, nor of dev camp girls.

The DIC has not been related to TOPs in the past, maybe it will be now. Girls have gone to DIC from meets, TOPs testing and from direct invites due to videos submitted by coaches.

No idea about the age thing.

The DIC list that is on the USAG website, along with the TOPs A and B camp list, is only girls from national TOPs testing.

I know there are about 40 girls who have been going to DIC who are not on the list. They must be putting them somewhere, maybe some up to Dev camp, maybe cutting some loose, but some must be still going to DIC. There is no list of those girls on the website, nor of dev camp girls.

The DIC has not been related to TOPs in the past, maybe it will be now. Girls have gone to DIC from meets, TOPs testing and from direct invites due to videos submitted by coaches.

No idea about the age thing.

There were 53 at the last DIC. Some have definitely already attempted to qualify HOPEs although a lot of the HOPEs scores early last season were really low. Maybe they are trying to build a bridge between TOPs and HOPEs using the DIC. ie TOPs is a starting point for an elite journey, DIC for those actively trying to qualify HOPEs, Dev camp for those who are looking confident at HOPEs and are actively trying to qualify Junior Elite. It is much harder to qualify Junior Elite, those who scrape into HOPEs won't find it easy to upgrade.

Not sure I am following. You mean the list which is entitled "Final Developmental Invite Camp" is only a partial list? Those that have attended the DIC who are now over the age of 10 can still be invited to the DIC? Is the DIC directly related to the current TOPs testers? Or is it not?

ooh I haven't seen a list titled 'Final Development Invite camp' only the one on USAG . Do you have a link to that? Then we can compare it and see. The list I saw on USAG had 44 on but didn't include any of the 53 at the last DIC.

ooh I haven't seen a list titled 'Final Development Invite camp' only the one on USAG . Do you have a link to that? Then we can compare it and see. The list I saw on USAG had 44 on but didn't include any of the 53 at the last DIC.

We are talking about the same list. I just noticed up on the very top there is a label that states "Developmental Invite Final List". Though I don't know for sure, I would think this is are the totality of the girls invited to the DIC. It just does not make sense to me to create just a partial list, but I could be wrong. Further the title of this document is Developmental Invite Team. So I think it is the totality of the girls. But it does not matter. It appears there are more now invited to participated in some kind of national training at the ranch than just the A and B team. I could not find a list for the developmental camp.

Oh I see what you are saying. I did leave out the word invite' in the original post. I assumed since the title of the thread indicated Developmental Invite that it is understood that the thread is about the DIC.

I recall seeing a list last year because our sister gym had two girls make the DIC. The list is again posted this year. If I counted correctly, there are 44 invitees this year.

https://usagym.org/PDFs/Women/TOPs/Testing/2016/devinvite.pdf
I'm sure I could be wrong but I didn't recall seeing a list last year and it isn't on the site anymore like the old TOPS team member lists. That is why I assumed this was the first year it was made public knowledge. I think we had a couple (at least) chalkbucket kids that made DIC from testing last year. Maybe their parents will chime in about a published list.

It's the first time they publish a DIC list but I'm guessing now that Valeri is running the program there will be changes

I'm sure I could be wrong but I didn't recall seeing a list last year and it isn't on the site anymore like the old TOPS team member lists. That is why I assumed this was the first year it was made public knowledge. I think we had a couple (at least) chalkbucket kids that made DIC from testing last year. Maybe their parents will chime in about a published list.

There was no list last year, and only a few girls went from testing to DIC. I see where you see 'final list" but I am inclined to think that is the final list from national testing, as it is with the final lists for the TOPs camps. I just cannot see them cutting 53 talented girls from the DIC's. Plus no way can they move up 53 girls to dev camp. I guess we will know more when the DIC invites go out, or don't....

I thought the conditioning would be great for her. Seems like the only way to ensure she gets the conditioning at our gym is to do the program, Our gym is not connected to the ranch, and we don't have any elite gymnasts. I see your point though, and yes, it does sound overblown.

Just to clarify, I agree that the extra conditioning is likely great for her. And at a previous gym we also had to pay extra for Tops conditioning and we did pay because the regular program was lacking in conditioning. Of course, soon after the realization of the program's inadequacies we left and started at a new gym. It's difficult to find a great gym and all gyms have problems. I just wanted to share my thoughts and experience with Tops because it gets so much attention on the forum.

The list is girls that got invited to DIC from TOPs national testing, (my DD is on that list) The list doesn't show previous DIC members.

There is a DIC in November. Is your DD invited to that or do they start in the new year. And congratulations to her! Wonderful. Well done.

Well very good luck to her in January! You must be rightly very proud.

I expect they will look at the present DIC athletes at the November camp and make their decisions! I can see them going to 70 maybe temporarily but not 90!

There are some 2003 and even 2004 girls at Senior National Team training Camp.

I heard at the parents meeting , Valeri or Kim Riley said that gymnasts invited to DIC usually get invited initially to two DIC camps. Just thinking.... there are 3 DIC camps listed for 2017 : January , June , September. It is possible that some gymnasts may attend them all , or maybe some January and September, maybe some going in November will come back in June while others may get moved up to DC or come back again in January. Being on the new list for DIC ( the one that came out of National Testing) doesn't necessarily indicate that the gymnasts will be invited to every DIC in 2017 so I believe it is very likely that many who have been regularly attending the DICs may still.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back