Tramp basics, resources, etc

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
I'm looking for resources to learn how to effectively teach the basics of tramp technique. We're starting up a tramp preteam, and my background is in artistic, not T&T. So while I have a general understanding of the more advanced stuff (how to flip, how to twist, how to spot the landings, etc), I don't really know all that well what the basic building blocks leading up to that are in the context of tramp.

So far we've been doing a lot of basic jumps for height, and some work on body bounces (back drops, front drops, etc), but not much beyond that. A few of the kids are flipping, but they're the ones who were already gymnasts before they started tramp.

So what I'm looking for is resources to learn basics. What drills can I use to perfect technique and control in a basic jump? How do I teach a correct prep-bounce (so far my kids seem to be finding those a bit confusing)? What supplementary drills/exercises will be most helpful at this low level?

What drills can I use to perfect technique and control in a basic jump? How do I teach a correct prep-bounce (so far my kids seem to be finding those a bit confusing)? What supplementary drills/exercises will be most helpful at this low level?

Great stuff...I'm interested also.

Basic jump...we just jump more...practice hitting certain spots on the tramp in a certain order.

Prep-bounce???...are you talking the "take-off"...if so...I have their arms up on the last bounce...no arm circle on the last bounce. That weird thing the T&T athletes do...arms come down and then full up before "take-off"...that's just what I tell them...it works.

This is a great channel of 5 step progressions he has for tramp flipping and twisting among other things. You can see the other steps linked to this one:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back