WAG Trampolines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

emilykatherine

Gymnast
Reaction score
For years we have been asking m parents for a trampoline and they finally agreed if we all gave up our Christmas present for one but they want a safe one preferably a square does anyone have any good brand they feel is really good? It will also have to have a net. And please don't tell me ts not safe because my parents are puttin rules in place about when we can use it and what we can do thanks in advance!

Maybe they can spring "pun intended" for some trampoline and tumbling lessons at your local gym instead? That is the best safest option. Really no trampoline is any safer than another, nets dont help you not fall on your head and break your neck nor do they help your parents legal problems when the neighbor kid does. Granted I did have one when I was a kid, loved it more than life itself only hurt another kid and banged up my leg but managed to survive to adulthood.

I don't have kid neighbors.... I'm 15 and I have floor privates all ready me and my sister( she's 11) want one because she can go to the gm and mess around on it and I want one to were I can goof off. Even though there is a risk with trampoline safety we still want one there's a risk in dying in a car accident put people still use them. I get hurt at gym constantly I still go. It's Berger then them taking us to a trampoline park filled with a bunch of kids who have no clue what there doing. Thanks for the suggestion anyway

Vuly is a great brand! They have a great net and tramp! Highly recommend it... Also verry stylish!

We had a super expensive, super heavy unit. Dd, a lev 9 at the time, 70lbs, hit the net with force in a skill and the net ripped. Her body was half in the tramp half out in the yard. She was ok, but dh and I immed took that tramp apart and got rid of it. And, it was in perfect condition at the time of incident, new net, etc. These units are not safe, period. We will NEVER get another.

The only way my gymmies would ever get a tramp would be if it was a super heavy duty springless tramp... ground dug out so it was at ground level... about the size of a floor exercise mat ... fully padded on all edges and an extra 12 feet on each side (at least 18 inches of soft landing depth... and only allowed to use it under adult supervision :D ... and since I am on a fixed income and this would have to be a custom job... NEVER, lol

Tell your parents to check their homeowners insurance. Some policies are void if there is a trampoline on the property.

To all these people complaining about trampolines not being safe. Shut up! No one cares they are the funniest thing ever. I had a really good one that was square and really bouncy then the legs gave way we have a crappy one now but still fun! Hope you get a good one :-)

To all these people complaining about trampolines not being safe. Shut up! No one cares they are the funniest thing ever. I had a really good one that was square and really bouncy then the legs gave way we have a crappy one now but still fun! Hope you get a good one :)

Are you kidding me???? Sure there are plenty of happy endings to home trampoline stories but that doesn't make them safe. Nightmare ending are also possible on trampolines, and most often those nightmare ending happen in a back yard or a trampoline center. Considering the drastic way a nightmare ending can change a life, the only reasonable way to use a trampoline is in the safest setting possible. The safest trampoline is one that's set up in a gym with all the proper matting and a capable coach supervising the what's done.

Anything less than that is just not a good idea.

Are you kidding me???? Sure there are plenty of happy endings to home trampoline stories but that doesn't make them safe. Nightmare ending are also possible on trampolines, and most often those nightmare ending happen in a back yard or a trampoline center. Considering the drastic way a nightmare ending can change a life, the only reasonable way to use a trampoline is in the safest setting possible. The safest trampoline is one that's set up in a gym with all the proper matting and a capable coach supervising the what's done.

Anything less than that is just not a good idea.

Still can not agree with you I have hurt my self plenty of times on my trampoline and so have many others in my class but I don't care it's all a bit of fun! And if we get hurt well bad luck everyone seems to wrap them selfs in cotton wool. It also seems to be a lot more against trampolines in America than Australia

To all these people complaining about trampolines not being safe. Shut up! No one cares they are the funniest thing ever. I had a really good one that was square and really bouncy then the legs gave way we have a crappy one now but still fun! Hope you get a good one :)

I think people around here care very much about my daughter coming close to a serious trampoline injury. I have a right to speak on this board same as you. So no, I won't be shutting up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back