Tumbling trouble...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

R

rardjds

Lately, i've been having A LOT of trouble with tumbling. Last year, i didn't evem have to think about it. It was just " set higher" or "point toes." Now, i can't just go for it! I always bock out of my roundoff, and i don;t always go. I have to think of each step, like going roundoff, then backhandspring, then backtuck. last year, i didn't even have to think about the roundoff backhandspring.
I was wondering if anyone else has faced this issue, and what you did to get rid of it.
thanks

How long has this been going on? I actually had a similar situation when I was competing. It was just this weird, sudden mental block where the tumbling that had been so natural to me was suddenly totally wrong. Like you, I really had to think about each connection. It was... strange. And super frustrating. The good news is that my issue went away in about a week, so it could be that you're just having an off week right now. I hope that's the case. Keep working at it. Let us know how things go.

unfortunately, this has been going on all through summer, and still now. i hope it just randomly goes away, but i kind of doubt that that will happen :(

That has never happened to me but I would just keep going with it, think about every single skill, it may even help you.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back