WAG TX Level 8 State Participation

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

IN AWE

Proud Parent
At the start of the state meet this weekend, the head of TxUSAG stated that there were 80 more participants than last year. I find that incredible. That is a 34% increase. I wish USAG would post annual participation numbers.
I am wondering what else everyone is noticing in their state and level?
Could this be a one year phenomenon because of the change in the levels? - I thought I might see a lot of repeat level 8's since they now had of the opportunity to use advanced skills. I don't know if they repeated, but I did not see many advanced skills.

At the start of the state meet this weekend, the head of TxUSAG stated that there were 80 more participants than last year. I find that incredible. That is a 34% increase. I wish USAG would post annual participation numbers.
I am wondering what else everyone is noticing in their state and level?
Could this be a one year phenomenon because of the change in the levels? - I thought I might see a lot of repeat level 8's since they now had of the opportunity to use advanced skills. I don't know if they repeated, but I did not see many advanced skills.

they do.

Do they post it every year? I feel like it might only get out once in awhile. I'm sure you can find it somewhere or if you specifically ask for it. It's not being intentionally hidden or anything. Our state will usually do it but they do it by what the annual USAG forms say for level at the start of the year, so it can end up changing quite a bit especially now with the Xcel program.

I would have to count but if anything we had less level 8s this year.

Counted. We had about 15 less, not very significant. And the change was almost exclusively in 16 and up, so I assume many gyms decided to go with Xcel Diamond (a level comparable to this was not an option in our rough equivalent of prep op previous years).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back