WAG Under Armour replaces Adidias

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

interesting. I wonder if they will be selling leos to the public too? They don't have any on their website right now.

They will be partnering will GK to make the teams leotards like adidas did, so I assume that GK will sell Under Armour workout leotards at some point.

Very interesting. My DD loves her Adidas leos. I'm sure a lot of time and design will be put into the design of the UA leos. They will be manufactured by GK (just like the Adidas), so they will probably be great. I guess the real test will come when our kids are able to purchase and start wearing them.

I can't speak about leotards, but Under Armour clothing (though insanely expensive) is wonderful. We were given SWAG bags by them at the Super Bowl in 2008, and I swear the clothing still looks brand new. Comfy, easy to care for and fits well. Hoping for the same from their leos.

Under Armour has officially replaced Adidas and will now outfit the National team:

:: USA Gymnastics :: Under Armour strikes gold with partnership with USA Gymnastics ::=

What does everyone think?
Interesting....hope their leos fit better than Adidas for my daughter. While my daughter loves her GK leos, she has never liked Adidas (has had two required for team events). She finds the Adidas sizing to be too short and finds the fabric to be too tight.

Love UnderArmour though, so will be nice to see what they sell to the public!

I don't own any Under Armour as it is far too pricey, but I'm not sure Under Armour's other items will have all that much bearing on their leotards. Warm-ups and stuff, yeah. But the leos will probably be very much standard GK stuff with an Under Armour logo, perhaps with some kind of Under Armour "symbol" somehow used in the design for the practice leos (with an even more exorbitant price than usual GK stuff because it has a big brand name associated with it).

I'm more conflicted on this than I thought I'd be! I don't like the chunky seams that Adidas had, but I liked their designs and cost. Under Armour will be more expensive, but is also built to last...but kids grow so fast I don't think I've ever seen a leo actually wear out rather than simply being outgrown.

I'm more conflicted on this than I thought I'd be! I don't like the chunky seams that Adidas had, but I liked their designs and cost. Under Armour will be more expensive, but is also built to last...but kids grow so fast I don't think I've ever seen a leo actually wear out rather than simply being outgrown.
Do they actually use the Under Armour material, though? Or is it just standard GK stock leo material like they did with the Adidas leos?

Looking at the USA athletes in podium training, the warmups look different, look like Under Armour material, but the leotards look like GK leotards with an Under Armour logo on the hip.

Alicia Sacramone had an underarmour Leo. I know someone who works for UA. My understanding was that it was different design, material, etc.

We love under armour clothing and are lucky enough to have a great outlet store near us. Very sharp clothing - well as sharp ad athletic wear can get.

Sent from my ADR6400L using ChalkBucket mobile app

Alicia's was different because it was custom made only for her. They haven't released details about exactly how partnership between Gk and UA will work.

Do they actually use the Under Armour material, though? Or is it just standard GK stock leo material like they did with the Adidas leos?

Oh I have no idea, my post was made entirely on the assumption that UA would be more than a logo on the material. It could very definitely be that! If so then meh! I'd only pay premium dollar for an actual material or construction difference. GK makes excellent leos with or without the UA logo!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back