WAG Update on Dance (It has been almost a year without gym)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi All! It's been a while since I last posted. I wanted to give you all an update since the summer. Dani has been very busy with Dance Team and Nutcracker (rehearsals just started last weekend). Dani is very excited for this upcoming dance season--it will be her first and she gets to do a contemporary/pointe solo in the Teen Division! She is also in 2 Lyrical/Contemporary numbers and a Jazz production number.

As for Nutcracker, she will be doing Jack-in-the-Box (a toy solo), Clara's Friend, Chinese, Angel Corps, Flowers and is understudying Snow!!! She will be very busy but also very excited for new things like getting to do the larger more advanced group ballet corps numbers and dance competitions. Who knows, maybe we will run into Abby Lee Miller's studio! LOL

Thanks for letting me share!

Great update, MDgym. I think of you often since my DD is also dancing. She has cut back her dancing time this year after a crazy year on the competition team. She switched studios and is now doing a lot of ballet and some pointe. She still loves it and I think she will end up in dance in a few years when gymnastics gets to be too much for her. I wish she had more time to dance...would have loved for her to be able to do the Nutcracker this year. Dance is so much more peaceful to watch I think.

Dance is so much more peaceful to watch I think.

You are sooo right madigym00!!! I rarely get nervous watching her dance but during gymnastics meets I was a nervous wreck for her!!! I feel like dance is way more soothing and gymnastics is just anxiety provoking (at least for me)!!!

So glad Dani is doing well and is happy with dance! Keep us posted here, and feel free to post videos. As someone who cannot dance in any sense of the word, I love watching people who can!

What a great report on Dani. Kadee was just asking about her the other day. She is looking forward to seeing some of her dance videos this year (as am I). Best of luck to her. Sounds like she has her plate full..as does Mama..lol

Glad to hear she is happy! I myself wonder about life after gymnastics and its nice to see the girls can be happy and excel at other activities. Thanks for sharing!

So glad she is doing so well! I thought of her a couple weeks ago as I started ballet again myself, and am having a terrible time transforming gymnast brain to ballet brain again, however did she manage lol!!??

Nicci--believe me she still has trouble getting rid of all the old gymnastics habits that interfere with ballet! Her biggest problem is keeping her ribs closed and taming that big arched back. So, hang in there and keep practicing!!!!

So good to hear from you and it's wonderful to hear that Dani is doing well!!! I've heard that dance competitions can be VERY fun!! So I hope her dance season goes well!!

I'd love to see some videos as well!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back