Parents Update on xcel regionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
I am so glad I worried for nothing about not having a coach. DDs HC arrived right on time and the meet went off without a hitch. DD had so much fun and even managed to grab a 4th place medal on bars. It's the first time she ever broke a 9 on bars and the first time she ever got to stand on the actual wooden podium. She was pure joy. We got back to CA today just in time for practice and she up and learned her good/bad leg cartwheels on beam, and then a handspring and a front tuck dismount off the beam.. Just. Like. That. All in all she is in such a happy place right now, and that makes me happy.

So glad to hear the Coach was there!! And congrats on her medal on bars!! It was a very well run meet and all the girls seemed very happy. Yay for learning new skills-my DD goes back to practice today :)

So glad to hear the Coach was there!! And congrats on her medal on bars!! It was a very well run meet and all the girls seemed very happy. Yay for learning new skills-my DD goes back to practice today :)

It WAS a very well run meet! Lots of parking, seats, ability to move around and see all the apparatus, and they even finished well ahead of schedule. All around, we couldn't have been happier in that regard. I hope your DD had an amazing experience as well! Will she be moving up levels now? We are in the strangest position with that. Since our gym is not competing xcel next year, all the girls are transitioning to the USAIGC team, but since we are moving and there is no USAIGC teams where we are going they are just kinda training her without a level. They did immediately move her up to ten hours as of yesterday, and fifteen once the summer starts... So hopefully she will be ready for... Whatever waits up north. Lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back