WAG USAG magazine cover

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

There is a guy on eBay who seems to buy photos and maybe negatives from thrift shops or something. He then sells them on eBay with comments like, "hot young gymnast. Crotch shot". I sometimes sit at the computer reporting pictures; but his account stays up. I guess technically not illegal; but creepy as hell. When all this came up with usag I thought if that eBay account and so it does make sense to me.

now who do you think he buys the negatives from? he's getting them for a price from the very f****** POS's that take the photos in the first place! and from our very competitions!! please, wake up people.

PLEASE REPORT THIS TO SAFESPORT. THANK YOU.

now who do you think he buys the negatives from? he's getting them for a price from the very f****** POS's that take the photos in the first place! and from our very competitions!! please, wake up people.

He has a random bunch of photos. All girls or young women that he somehow construes to be dressed provocatively it in a "sexy pose". This can be a gymnast, or a teenager sitting on the beach. Lots of snapshots. But I have had the same thought, that some of these are likely purchased from photographers paid to shoot competitions.

He has a random bunch of photos. All girls or young women that he somehow construes to be dressed provocatively it in a "sexy pose". This can be a gymnast, or a teenager sitting on the beach. Lots of snapshots. But I have had the same thought, that some of these are likely purchased from photographers paid to shoot competitions.

TURN HIM IN!

I haven't looked at the SS guidelines, but it seems to me that photo galleries from meets should also be protected so that they're not open for the entire world to go into. Some meet photographers do this, and some don't. Prompted by this thread, I googled meet photos from a big invitational we attended last year, loaded up the girls' L10 session, and was able to find with no trouble at all plenty of photos that violate the policy. I know having a password emailed out to gyms for distribution to parents wouldn't solve the problem, but it would at least make it a little harder for horrible people to get their hands on these images.

There is a guy on eBay who seems to buy photos and maybe negatives from thrift shops or something. He then sells them on eBay with comments like, "hot young gymnast. Crotch shot". I sometimes sit at the computer reporting pictures; but his account stays up. I guess technically not illegal; but creepy as hell. When all this came up with usag I thought if that eBay account and so it does make sense to me.
Put a link up to his account so we can all chip in on this .

Swimmers have no need to be in such revealing outfits. In fact, many of them switched to bodysuits because they are more aerodynamic. Most figure skating outfits have skirts. Acro rules require skirts on leos to cover the backside or they get deductions.

I think there's zero reason for leos to be so high cut, especially for children. And just like the boys switch into pants for pommel, I see no reason why, for safety, girls couldn't switch out of shorts for bars and back in for the other events.

Those bodysuits were banned because they made the swimmers float. Anyway please stop comparing girls and boys uniforms, I think the reason boys wear pants/shorts should be extremely obvious, lol. All this fuss about the leos shifts the blame from the predators actions to what the gymnasts are wearing, which is wrong. Creeps can be anywhere-pools, beaches, etc. And becoming more and more modest until we're all wearing burkas won't change that.

Those bodysuits were banned because they made the swimmers float. Anyway please stop comparing girls and boys uniforms, I think the reason boys wear pants/shorts should be extremely obvious, lol. All this fuss about the leos shifts the blame from the predators actions to what the gymnasts are wearing, which is wrong. Creeps can be anywhere-pools, beaches, etc. And becoming more and more modest until we're all wearing burkas won't change that.

Yes Yes Yes, Perverts can be anywhere. Empower your children to know the facts, to be proud of themselves, and to never blame themselves for something a sick individual does. Hiding is not the answer, punishing the quilty is.

actually, it is. Carlos Rodriguez. Always takes the same crotch shots on Tkatchevs. Coincidence? can't take the same shot from the side which shows more amplitude?? then everyone is naive.

Sure hope you've done your own reporting to Safesport.

I take offense to what you've said. I never said that I felt like the clothes were the issue for the predators. Absolutely not. What I was commenting on are the girls' desires to be modest, and I didn't compare the boys and the girls. What I said is that the boys compete in shorts and change into pants for pommel, there's no reason for modesty that a girl couldn't do the same with shorts and just take them off for bars. Don't put intent or words into my statement that isn't there.

actually, it is. Carlos Rodriguez. Always takes the same crotch shots on Tkatchevs. Coincidence? can't take the same shot from the side which shows more amplitude?? then everyone is naive.
I meant for spectators... if the only view I have on bars is straight on, then I cant take shots from the side. I understand that professionals have more opportunities to move around, so there is no excuse in their case.

I didn't see this thread the first time around but since it has been reborn...

Many are mentioning swimmers. USA Swim has rules that prohibit spectators from taking of photos and videos from directly behind the starting blocks at meets. This greatly reduces the potential for questionable positions being "caught on tape". I praise USAG for attempting to curtail this as well. I don't care what prompted the decision - just glad they are finally recognizing it is a problem and doing something about it.

Comparing swimsuits on the beach to leos in competition - most people walking/lying on the beach are not placing themselves in the kind of positions that gymnasts find themselves in during routines. Also, typically, there are not a bunch of photographers taking pics of every movement of the sun bathers, like in gymnastics. So while swim suits can be a lot more revealing in general, the potential for a revealing shot that can be sexually/sensually construed is greatly reduced.

Lastly, I love those full bodysuits that some rhythmic gymnasts wear but realistically this would be a nightmare for artistic gymnasts, not just in movement but in heat factor as well.

I just looked through and he has very few gymnastics ones right now and it seems that everything he has up has been bought somewhere as old photos. Makes me totally creeped about what happens to old pictures. I suspect that when he has had tons of gymnastics ones in the past that it has been like where the photographer had a bunch printed to be ready to sell and then the parents didn't buy, so they ended up getting left in the studio and sent to a thrift store or sold off. Anyway, I haven't checked his ebay in ages and it looks like he has added more stuff that is innocent (all of the cars); but as you can see in this link (and all of the ones of guys that he comments stuff like, "gay interest") he is aiming towards customers for these that are not folks that you would probably want around your kids.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-20-Vin...uits-824020-/362159470718?hash=item545262f87e

He used to have WAY worse, some that were actually obviously minors that he was calling "sexy". And then back then he had some that you had to prove that you were an adult somehow to even view. I didn't notice today how to get into those or if he even lists that way anymore. I never looked at those; but often thought that what was in there must be really bad because at times he even had topless pictures of women listed in normal listings.

Folks, pay attention to what happens with your old snap shots. Apparently there are real creeps out there!

I just think some of these rules are a little paranoid/unrealistic. What if the camera person is filming a floor routine and the gymnast happens to do a straddle jump towards the cam. Do they have to cut that move out of the video? At most of my meets where you could purchase your videos, the camera was stationary. I do think the photos for sale should always be password protected on the websites.

Anyway what was "wrong" with the USAG magazine cover? I never saw it but I'm sure they wouldn't purposely use a gratuitous photo especially with all that's going on.

It went against the rules the usag so purposely published in the very magazine.

Simply they broke the rules in the issue that the rules were published in.

I go through and report him to ebay; but I don't think that they do anything. I'm off to find his profile. I'll share it here. Maybe if other people do it they will take him down.

i will. put it up here.

I just looked through and he has very few gymnastics ones right now and it seems that everything he has up has been bought somewhere as old photos. Makes me totally creeped about what happens to old pictures. I suspect that when he has had tons of gymnastics ones in the past that it has been like where the photographer had a bunch printed to be ready to sell and then the parents didn't buy, so they ended up getting left in the studio and sent to a thrift store or sold off. Anyway, I haven't checked his ebay in ages and it looks like he has added more stuff that is innocent (all of the cars); but as you can see in this link (and all of the ones of guys that he comments stuff like, "gay interest") he is aiming towards customers for these that are not folks that you would probably want around your kids.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-20-Vin...uits-824020-/362159470718?hash=item545262f87e

He used to have WAY worse, some that were actually obviously minors that he was calling "sexy". And then back then he had some that you had to prove that you were an adult somehow to even view. I didn't notice today how to get into those or if he even lists that way anymore. I never looked at those; but often thought that what was in there must be really bad because at times he even had topless pictures of women listed in normal listings.

Folks, pay attention to what happens with your old snap shots. Apparently there are real creeps out there!

exactly, for who's gratification. who? is the intended target recipient??

I just think some of these rules are a little paranoid/unrealistic. What if the camera person is filming a floor routine and the gymnast happens to do a straddle jump towards the cam. Do they have to cut that move out of the video? At most of my meets where you could purchase your videos, the camera was stationary. I do think the photos for sale should always be password protected on the websites.

Anyway what was "wrong" with the USAG magazine cover? I never saw it but I'm sure they wouldn't purposely use a gratuitous photo especially with all that's going on.

can't even put it up here. and they did. left hand not talking to the right hand.

It went against the rules the usag so purposely published in the very magazine.

Simply they broke the rules in the issue that the rules were published in.

that is it in a nutshell.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back