WAG Visualizations

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A question for athletes/former athletes about themselves and parent/coaches about their gymnasts: When you visualize yourself doing a routine or a skill, do you do it from first or third person? Are there skills you can't visualize, or can't visualize from certain angles or perspectives? Does the perspective make a difference?

I usually do third person. Since i still close my eyes on cartain skills (bad habit, i know), i think visualizing in 1st person Won’t help me that much

I like to imagine myself in first person, I visualise every slightest movement I feel while doing the skill, as it makes me more confident, knowing exactly what to do as I can feel myself doing it. I only tend to visualise in third person if there is a specific correction I need to make, though it doesn't really help as I need to visualise what it will feel like when I'm doing it. (if any of that makes sense)

I was a high jumper in junior high and high school, and visualization really helped me. 1st person worked best because I could feel the muscles tighten just a little when I was working my way through the jump inside my head. Very effective tool for me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back