Voluntary Levels

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

As far as I know she moved to Meapa for a short time with her Mum, left again with her mum. No one knows where she has gone. Running out of gyms that will take on a mother, daughter coaching relationship! Hope her talent isn't wasted because of the insistence that she only be coached by her mum.

Experience tells me that about age 9-ish she'll be totally fed up if her mother telling her what to do.

Age 14 she may realise that her mum knows her stuff and be happy to be coached by her again, but by then it's usually too late and they've quit.

Rochelle is the only other coach I've known to "gym squat". She moved around a lot early on and only coached her own kids, but they weren't related and she had a whole squad rather than one.

As far as I know she moved to Meapa for a short time with her Mum, left again with her mum. No one knows where she has gone. Running out of gyms that will take on a mother, daughter coaching relationship! Hope her talent isn't wasted because of the insistence that she only be coached by her mum.
Its a tough call coaching your own kid for both the child and coach - I know I couldn't/wouldn't do it. Its hard enough being a parent of a gymnast!

I haven't heard of a compulsory 4 being mentioned only levels for example in March we did grades June was levels down to 2 and last week levels again down to 2 I don't know the difference or if one is compulsory my dd competed level 5 in June and didn't compete last week

@Gymbee06 Do you know why your dd didn't compete. From the skills you have mentioned she sounds like she could easily do level 5 in age?

I think we had some girl doing 4 3 and 2 but not sure if it was a regional or compulsory 4 3 and 2 and I know they had to have a float upstart for the first level they were competing and she can't do it yet(I don't think so anyway) but I know one girl was definitely dependent on that

I think we had some girl doing 4 3 and 2 but not sure if it was a regional or compulsory 4 3 and 2 and I know they had to have a float upstart for the first level they were competing and she can't do it yet(I don't think so anyway) but I know one girl was definitely dependent on that

Compulsories are not held at this time of year they are in March. You said your dd did Club grade 14 instead last year.

Voluntary Levels are in Sep/ oct. If your dd is training 25 hours a week at 8 I would fully expect her to compete levels in age at this point in the year and then compulsory grades in March. I would be massively concerned if she was doing 25 hours a week to compete club grade 5 (the new version of 13) next year. I think you really need to go and ask what the plan is for your dd. Club grade 5 does not require that many hours , most kids will be doing it on around 10 (or less). It is only very slightly harder than grade 14 she did last year.

She doesn't train 25 lol she does 15!in total lol in march she did 14 and June it must have been a voluntary level 5 I get so confused with our system! I will try to ask next time we are there very hard to grab a coach to talk to though and I don't want to come across as a cgm. To be honest I don't really care what level I only wanted to know for my own info we have some girls move to the hpc and some leave there and come to us from the horror stories I've heard about them( don't know if they are true) I would never move her there and from doing some digging I don't think anyone competes compulsory levels within at least one hours drive of us apart from the hpc so it looks like it's never going to be an option for her thanks for everyone's replies at least I understand a lot more what her path is

we have some girls move to the hpc and some leave there and come to us from the horror stories I've heard about them( don't know if they are true) I would never move her there is

Such stories are often consciously put out there by local gyms who do not want to lose their kids to the HPC. I know this as a fact from mums who have joined us despite the hype and said that during parents meetings their HC would warn them off. They often express shock at how friendly our gym is.

Also, If a child has left a HPC to go to another "ordinary" gym, more often than not it's because they didn't have the basic raw material (natural ability or mental strength) for the elite track (or has been hampered by injury) and it's not uncommon for the parents to be unkind about the gym after they've left.

My DD is not on the elite track at our HPC but I know plenty who are. I've heard some horror stories about our gym, but they do not accurately reflect the reality as I see it day to day.

She doesn't train 25 lol she does 15!in total lol in march she did 14 and June it must have been a voluntary level 5 I get so confused with our system! I will try to ask next time we are there very hard to grab a coach to talk to though and I don't want to come across as a cgm. To be honest I don't really care what level I only wanted to know for my own info we have some girls move to the hpc and some leave there and come to us from the horror stories I've heard about them( don't know if they are true) I would never move her there and from doing some digging I don't think anyone competes compulsory levels within at least one hours drive of us apart from the hpc so it looks like it's never going to be an option for her thanks for everyone's replies at least I understand a lot more what her path is
You said she was training 25 hours on the thread about elite and fitting in other sports. Maybe it was a typo? It did seem rather odd.

What Ugly says is true about all types of gym from local to HPC. Some gyms are definitely insecure about themselves and try and put parents off moving their kids elsewhere. I have known as many true unpleasant stories from little clubs as from large elite clubs.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back