Parents Well, How did Everyone's Kids do At States?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flipper spent 7 months of last year in casts after breaking first one foot and then the other. Battled back and did one meet this year before getting pneumonia and missing 2 meets. She was finally healthy and had a great state meet. 2nd on floor with a 9.575, 1st vault 9.6, 1st beam 9.8, 1st bars 9.65 for an AA of 38.625. She also qualified for Regionals. She says all the hard work to get back in competition form is worth it!

What a comeback! That's awesome! Congrats!

DD's States are today April 1 - She is excited and hoping to do well after coming back from injury just 2 weeks ago. She placed 1st AA at sectionals and 1st on bars and beam too just last week. So she is hoping to repeat that outcome today. She starts at 4pm so we won't be home probably until after 10pm with awards and the drive home. I know its awful to say but I'm hoping not too many qualified so it isn't a long long meet.

It's been a great year for DD, joining her new team just 11 months ago (today!). With a lot of hard work and dedication, not to mention great coaching, she met her personal goal of hitting all 4 events at States yesterday! She had personal bests on beam (9.6, 6th place), floor and AA 37.45!

Even though she had to compete alone (again), most of her L9-10 teammates came out to cheer her on!

She "just missed" making regionals (in our state they take Top 6 for state team, 2 more for All Stars and 3 alternates - the top scores were crazy high (top 6 over 38) the 11th place was 37.525.

All this comes after breaking her foot 10 weeks ago, when we were not even sure she could finish out the season! What a comeback for my Little Monkey! We are so proud of her :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back