We've had our first split!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Bella's Mom

....splitting the beam that is! Bella was doing the L3 beam routine and did that handstand. Came down and whammo! I personally cringed and she just lay there looking a bit stunned for a couple of seconds.

But as you all know, gymnasts are tough. She got up and tried that dang skill again. Landed it this time just fine.

She's braver than me! LOL....

Haha, how weird i split the beam for the first time on thursday and i too was doing a handstand i came down with one leg either side by accident man it hurt, i didn't even think just got up, at the end of prac mum was like do you even have feelings? lol

DD did that on Wednesday too, but it wasn't the first time, just the worst. They just started working on split jumps on beam and she came down badly. She split the beam and then with one leg hanging over the beam fell on her back. She was okay, but had a nasty bruise on the inside of her thigh. We went swimming this weekend and she had that nasty bruise and small bruises on her hips. Good thing CPS wasn't there.

Poor baby girl. But way to go for getting back up there and showing that beam whos boss.

Good thing CPS wasn't there.

LOL...I am so glad I'm not the only one who has these thoughts! I had to take B to the pediatrician this past week for suspected pink eye (not, thankfully) and as he was checking her out, I remembered she has a big bruise on her back from a tripping on a mat and landing on her back on the low beam. I found myself sitting there thinking "don't turn her over don't turn her over don't turn her over." It was bad enough he saw the bruises on her hip bones from back hip circles and just generally hanging in a pike on the bar.

Oh Lord, I know what you mean. When I took Kadee to get her physical for kindergarten, she too has ever present bruise on the hips (seems to have it more on her right side than left though) and he was feeling her belly, and had slid the top of her pants down just a little to do so. And I know I had that deer in the headlights look..as I muttered "shes a gymnast"..lol. He just kinda looked at me like I was crazy. And asked me to repeat myself. I did. He just kinda chuckled and said "kids are kids, they get bruises in weird places..I can tell by looking at it that its something she did, not something done to her". That kinda made me feel better. But Kadee used to have bruises running up and down her spine when she was smaller from doing her forward rolls on the hardwood floors. And although her Dr. knew what it was from, the people at the hospital def. took interest in it when we took her there due to a extreamly high fever she had due to a cold. Its scary because you dont know which end of the spectrum they are going to be on. And you often feel like you have to explain things which probably only makes you look worse..lol. Oh well..those that matter in her life know what she does, and that because of that she will always have bruises, blisters, or worse.

LOL... one day my daughter came up to me after practice rattling on about "crouching the beam." I had NO idea what she was talking about but my friend leaned over and whispered "She means she CROTCHed the beam." Then I figured out what she meant! She must have learned the term from one of the older girls on the team (or from one of the younger girls with an older sister on the team) and not gotten it quite right. Though she may well have done some crouching immediately afterwards...;)

It's funny how gymnasts (or at least the younger ones) seem to take these things in stride and even as something to be proud of. You would have thought Kathy had won a medal when I went to visit her at Woodward last summer (it's only about a half-hour from our home... lucky us!) and she showed me her first rip! Gymnastics is not for wusses, that's for sure!

ouchy, ouchy ouchy! Man, oh man! It sure looks like it hurts! poor kid. I've seen others do this-and I'm sure it hurts worse than it looks, and it looks plenty bad! My ds saw a girl do that one day, and he said to me , "That's why boys don't do the beam, mom!" lol, but soooo true!!! ;)

awwww, your poor daughter.

About a year ago this happened to one of my pre comp kids. After falling she stands up, holding herself there and says "WOW, my _ _ _ _ _ _ really hurts!" The real technical term, so funny thoough, LOL Funniest thing ever!!

ouchy, ouchy ouchy! Man, oh man! It sure looks like it hurts! poor kid. I've seen others do this-and I'm sure it hurts worse than it looks, and it looks plenty bad! My ds saw a girl do that one day, and he said to me , "That's why boys don't do the beam, mom!" lol, but soooo true!!! ;)

Who is the male gymnast who does a funny beam routine where he splits the beam and all of that???? I've seen it on those exhibition shows they broadcast on TV sometimes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back