Parents What can I expect at a preteam evaluation?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

she was at her worst and basically blew it. Didn't listen or focus, showed off, etc. So we are in baby rec for another eight weeks at least.

She didn't "blow" anything, she is four.

A few weeks, even few months, is nothing. Her gymnastics career is not blown

She didn't "blow" anything, she is four.

A few weeks, even few months, is nothing. Her gymnastics career is not blown
Didn't mean her "career" was blown- just the chance. She will have many many more chances. She doesn't know it was a test or that she had the chance to move up. Or that I was nervous or disappointed. That's my own stuff. She's continuing to enjoy her class. I'm relieved the schedule won't change. I'm not the most patient person, and I don't like having my illusions blown, but I am a grown up and dealing with it.

Yes but she's my kid and I'm invested in her. Trying not to live through her. Aware of my shortcomings already, thanks.
I don't think it's a shortcoming. Yes, there's a thin line between invested and CGM, but we have ALL straddled it at times. My dd didn't start preteam until she was 5.5. She's 9.5 now, & planning on testing pre-elite before her 10th birthday.

Yes but she's my kid and I'm invested in her. Trying not to live through her. Aware of my shortcomings already, thanks.

You're doing great! Nothing wrong with wanting good things for your little one. You know who you are and what kind of parent you are. Don't let Internet strangers who know little about you make you feel bad about wanting your DD to go forward.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back