What do you call it?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
"the book" it calls them flick-flacks, we call them back handsprings, and apparently some call them flip-flops.

when I type it I type BHS, but I say flip flop when I say it.

Dd's gym says all of the options.

Everyone at DD's gym calls them BHS. I never really heard of people calling them flick flacks or flip-flops.

we (everyone at my gym) call them backhandsprings unless we're talking about a beam series - then we call them flicks (ex: flick flick instead of bhs bhs)

I think this question often depends on the country you live in. BHS is most common in the USA, while flick or flip-flop I've mostly heard used by those in different countries. I live in the USA, so I say BHS.

I actually just call them handsprings... and I will say front handsprings if I don't want them to back tumble.

Neither! :D
(In australia) we call them a back-flips (e.g. round-off, back-flip) or just flips (e.g. flip, sault).
To me a back handspring is a back-flip with a step out.

:)

Here in Scotland we call them backflips - I call them flic's though!

I think this question often depends on the country you live in. BHS is most common in the USA, while flick or flip-flop I've mostly heard used by those in different countries. I live in the USA, so I say BHS.

USAG refers to them as flip flops or flick flacks.

Flic.

Here in Quebec gym is all in French, so we have very different names for skills than the US.

I always say back handsprings. i've heard flip flop but never flick flack.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

The Best Of All Time: Layout Jaeger

UPDATE: The Liukin Club

Back