Parents What hours do your optional girls work out?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Skadoodle

Proud Parent
After browsing around CB these past few days it seems like hours for an optional workout vary around the country. I'm just curious how it compares to our crazy schedule
Monday- Wednesday 5-9ish often till 9:30
Thursdays 4-8ish often 8:30
Fridays 8am-1:30
Weekends off

Level 8-10 works out during the summer 9-1, then 1:30-3 on MOndays (second practice is conditioning and flexibility), Tuesday and Thursdays is 9-4:30 (with an hour for lunch) and Wednesdays is 9-1.

School year is slightly shorter hours--M, T, Th 3:30-8, Fri 3:30-7 and Sat 8:30-12

I think the 6s and 7s have one less day or shorter hours. I'm not positive.

16-18 hours depending on level and how competitions fall as we very decidedly do NOT have weekends off.

We have on school night off and one "early" night during the school week. Some girls practice Sunday to pick up a second school night off.

Levels 7 and up practice 4 hours per day 5 days per week. No weekends for us, so it ends up being M-F. In the summer time, practice is 8:30-12:30 (no air conditioning so early practices are necessary) and during the school years it's 4-8 pm.

Levels 7 and up practice 4 hours per day 5 days per week. No weekends for us, so it ends up being M-F. In the summer time, practice is 8:30-12:30 (no air conditioning so early practices are necessary) and during the school years it's 4-8 pm.

We had a heat wave weeks ago in CT and the gym was over 100 degrees. I really wish their coach changed their hours to earlier. Some kids even vomited from working out in the intense heat.

Sent from my iPhone using ChalkBucket mobile app

That is awful Skadoodle. We don't even live in a very 'hot' region, but day practices during the summer are pretty standard unless you have AC.

DD's group (level 6) practices 5 days a week, 16 hrs total. Level 7's and up practice 20 hours a week. Days of practice are Tues-Sat.

Summer all day M, T & Th with a break for lunch, W 5 hrs and F 4 hrs = Total of 27 hrs.

School year is M 4 hrs, F 3 hrs, T & Th 2.5 hrs morning/4 hrs evening, Sat all day with break for lunch = Total of 26 hours.

L5-6 ...16 hrs (some older L7+ girls choose this also)
L7. ... 20 hrs (some L8+ girls choose this also)
L8+.... 25 hrs. Fall schedule is Mon, Tues, Thurs 2:30-7:30, Friday 12:30-5:30 and Sundays 8am - 1pm

School year: L6 is 16 hrs and L7-10 is 20 hrs. During the summer they all practice 20-25 hrs a week.

I'm an 8 and my hours at really short now because I don't do bars anymore,
Monday and TUSEDAY 3:45-6:15 with floor,beam and conditioning
Thursday 6:15-8:30 and I condition 2 times during that practice
Friday is 5:00-8:00 with floor, beam, vault and con. They'll get longer as I do vault more times a week but right now I'm in too much pain

L7-10's at our gym do between 18-21 hours. The compulsory levels do between 12-18, depending on age and level.

L8 - L10 practice 20 hours in the summer and 18.5 hours during the school year. L7 practices 15 hours a week. Our last gym had a bit more hours, but they weren't near as efficient. The organized coaching makes all the difference in the world.

Our last gym had a bit more hours, but they weren't near as efficient. The organized coaching makes all the difference in the world.

This is a good point...how much time there is standing around/waiting for turns/etc. can make a big difference in the amount of actual practice time. We have a small team and there isn't much standing around. Coaches do a good job keeping everyone simultaneously busy.

L8 - L10 m-t 4-8 f 9-1 for the summer for the school year m,W,F 4-8 and Sun 9-1 An extra day may be added on sat during the competitive season

This is a good point...how much time there is standing around/waiting for turns/etc. can make a big difference in the amount of actual practice time. We have a small team and there isn't much standing around. Coaches do a good job keeping everyone simultaneously busy.

I agree that time can be wasted waiting on turns as well. In my daughters gym while they are waiting for their turn the coach has them doing little drills to keep them busy.

Sent from my iPhone using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back