WAG What is with my kids getting hurt right before state meets?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2G1B

Proud Parent
Last year DS broke his pinkie 1.5 weeks before states. They put him in a cast from the tips of his fingers almost to his elbow. This year he hurt his ankle 2 days before state. At first we thought it was tweaked. He said he could compete on it; but just left out bonuses that he thought would hurt too much for landing. Oh, and it turned out he had a 101 fever, figured that out when I got him from the competition. The next day we found out that his ankle was fractured!

Well, last night my youngest DD was doing her bar routine and did the tuck jump off. (she is only AAU 2.) She rolled her ankle. It doesn't seem to be too bad; but is enough that she is favoring it. I put her in DS's ankle brace (not his boot, just the brace for wearing to practice after he got out of the boot) and she says that helps. We shall see if she is up to competing tomorrow. After we drive 4+ hours to get to the competition tonight!

Last edited:
Oh I know how you feel lol. This year my dd jammed her ankle 2 days before we got on a plane for a meet in Texas and her knee 4 days before States. In Texas the only event I knew she was definately doing was bars but thanks to her pt and the trainer at the meet she was able to do all 4 events. States she only did bars and beam. Ahhh there is always next year, well maybe lol. Hope your dd will be able to compete and best wishes. Hang in there :)

pre season and post season are the worst times for these untimely injuries.

Ala Yogi Berra/Yogi-ism......... That's right dunno, 'pre' and post season injuries are the worst, especially if your entire season is really a pre-season for your post season, which is really your real season, unless you count the state meet as your pre season that qualifies kids to your real season...... the post season. :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back