what was your WORST gymnastics injury ever?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sprained left ACL and the doctor said stress fracture, bleeding bone and damaged meniscus on my left knee...the right leg happened 3 weeks before a huge competition which was yesterday so I did not get to compete :( I should be up and running in January guys :3

i haven't really ha anything too serious but the worst was my dislocated elbow. basically awhile back i was doing a front tuck on the tumble track and this little boy runs in front of me while i was in the middle of the air. so trying not to hit him i don't go for my front tuck and i land in a handstand position and my left elbow like popped out and made a gross noise. now it's still a little messed up but doesn't bother me lol

I have two gymnasts.. the older lvl 7 has had nothing to speak of. Just sore wrists when she started doing gymnastics. She never did gymnastics and started as a lvl 4 so learning back handsprings caused soreness for a little. It only lasted a few months and she was fine.

The other... well we've had a ton of fun with. She broke her foot doing gymnastics at home, a straddle jump off a bed. She got 15 stitches in her face after trying to vault over the coffee table. She broke her heal on beam and would sneak at the gym and take the boot off to do gymnastics.. child will be fully casted next time, lol. She sprained her ankle pretty badly a few weeks ago and is in PT 3 times a week for chronic sprains.. She has been doing gymnastics for just over a year, is a 6yo lvl for and has had enough gymnastics related injuries to last a life time for this mom.

I've:
Sprained my neck by peeling off the bar
Stress fractured my spine on vault
Stress fractured my knees on RO BHS BT and LT

Ouch... I have never seriously injured myself, yet. One time I twisted my wrist on vault a little but the pain was gone in twenty four hours.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back