Parents What's a reasonable amount of BWOs?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think this ties into the abuse article thread. My ODD was in a vicious loop. BWO gave her terrible back pain, and she was doing them even worse due to the pain, so she was assigned more (and more and more) because she wasn't doing them well, which made her back worse.. and through it all was yelling, belittling, and punishments for her poor performance- all with more and more still. By the time we decided to leave this particular gym she was doing 50-70 BWO per beam rotation. The coach got mad if I suggested it was too much or there were other options (beside BHS, which she'll never do- she doesn't even do them on floor). It was an awful experience. She did beam BWO at three different gyms and none limited them to 10 or less. Luckily her back seems fine now that she doesn't do them, but how scary- her back could've been destroyed.

I think this ties into the abuse article thread. My ODD was in a vicious loop. BWO gave her terrible back pain, and she was doing them even worse due to the pain, so she was assigned more (and more and more) because she wasn't doing them well, which made her back worse.. and through it all was yelling, belittling, and punishments for her poor performance- all with more and more still. By the time we decided to leave this particular gym she was doing 50-70 BWO per beam rotation. The coach got mad if I suggested it was too much or there were other options (beside BHS, which she'll never do- she doesn't even do them on floor). It was an awful experience. She did beam BWO at three different gyms and none limited them to 10 or less. Luckily her back seems fine now that she doesn't do them, but how scary- her back could've been destroyed.

That is terrible! I'm so glad it didn't do permanent damage.

I don't think they are assigning BWOs as punishment. Part of it, I think is that my dd likes them and gets really focused. I am pretty sure they will be ok with her reducing the number. We'll see!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back