Off Topic When To Quit

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I really don't know where to start and I don't want to give to much info... Well here it goes.... Every practice I have very very much trouble with a skill, this has created a tension between me and my coach. It is very stressful to me. My coaches imply that I am not trying... I AM! I am trying as hard as I could and it is so upsetting! I love gymnastics and i has been my passion since i was very little but the past three months I have just wanted to quit. And other things that have happened make me feel like my coaches don't believe in me! It makes me not want to try any more!
I do have more things relating to this but like a said (I don't want to give to much info) anyway... I was wondering when it is to much, when is it time to quit, time to switch gyms? Thanks!

If its not fun its not good

If you are still loving it but not where you are try somewhere else

You clearly still love your gymnastics, you speak of your passion and desire to learn. It doesn't sound like it is time for you to quit yet.

Could you set up a meeting to discuss the problems with your coach. It can be hard for the coach to deal with mid class, they have to deal with lots of kids and banal king their fears, energies and achievements. They are trying to get lots of different kids with different personalities to do lots of things at once. So they may be a bit to stressed to stop and consider what might be causing your difficulties and what you might be going through.

A 1 on 1 meeting can be more relaxed and the focus can be on what you need. Let your coach know how you are feeling. Discuss where the fears are coming from, the coach is there to help you.

As aussie coach said, you clearly still have a passion for gymnastics.
You really do need to talk with your coach about this, because sometimes they just don't know what's on your mind. Your coach will be able to understand you better after the talk, and you'll feel much, much better after letting it out.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back